Anyone remember the program civies about ex-paras?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ABF9, Oct 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I remember watching a few episodes a long time ago and I have also read the book which is very doom and gloom about civilian life after you leave the paras.

Any thoughts fokes?
  2. yeah complete kak the author who wrote it was quite accurate the BBC murdered it the end result made it look like any one who came out of the paras would turn in to a psychopathic tramp who smelled of piss don't get me wrong some do fall by the way side but that programme was complete bolloxs
  3. Yeah, it was filmed in Cardiff.

The bloke from Bread was in it.

Dire Straits' Brother's in Arms was the opening theme music.
  4. Yup, I quite liked it. Originally written by Lynda La Plant.
  5. It was lkind of fun but the over all arc of all ex paras must come to a sticky end a bit depresing .
  6. When it was shown on the telly and obviously not showing Paras in a sympathetic light the lovable old Marines sent a letter up to the Pegasus pub in Aldershot absolutely taking the pish, especially about the bloke who kept singing '10 green bottles', the bloke who was portrayed having been shot in the throat was based on an actual bloke who was shot on Mt Longdon. I do believe it was shown once and never repeated.
  7. Anybody got it on tape?

I would be intersted watching it again.
  8. Think the BBC were so embarrassed by it that they burnt it!

9. It might have got better with age? :D

Or maybe not 8O
  10. Trust me, it was shite!!
  11. You can buy it on Ebay if you really want......"I love you Frank "
  12. Yeah that "I love you Frank" bloke was scary. Yeuch!

Jason Isaacs (Frank) has done pretty well since then though. He must have made a mint in the Harry Potter films as that freaky bloke with long white hair. Remember they were always singing "simply the best" too. Bunch of mincers.

To be honest, it wasn't the best advertisement for military resettlement! :lol:
  13. Yeah scary coming out the closet moment that ...bit cliched as well if I remember ex Falklands vets ending up working for a cockney gangster you do !!
  14. They also should of got someone in to advise on Beret's,some naughty doss bag's on barnet's there !
  15. Eddie O'Connell. That scene pretty much finished his acting career. Last seen playing a microscopic part as a road worker digging a hole in some long-forgotten ad. Harry Enfield & Paul Whitehouse did a superb mickey take: Divvies.