Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone recommend any kit items for Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kash_Tendies

Swinger
So I know this sort of thread gets posted a lot but I start phase 1 in a few weeks and I was hoping some of you could give me some advice on miscellaneous kit I might want to bring.

so I’ve got all the items listed on the official army kit list I.e. wash kit, towels, boot polish kit etc. and I’ve already gotten a few unspecified items which I’ve been told to take such as pad locks, ID photos for the training staff, para cord etc.

I know the Army supplies much better kit now than in the past but is there any kit I might want to take which they don’t? I was gonna buy a pair of good gloves for the field and maybe a cheap multi tool but I don’t want to waste my money if they supply them as I don’t know what kit they actually do give you in training now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

NSP

LE
a cheap multi tool
Don't. End of.

Bitter experience had taught that cheap is always more expensive. If you must have one then get a decent one: you'll pay more for it but you'll only pay once.

Whilst you're waiting for an actual soldier to come along and answer your questions these other threads may prove helpful:-

And there's plenty more:-

I'm pretty sure I've seen a very good one in which someone with much expertise listed everything and included diagrams and annotated photos of belt kit and jackets, showing where everything should go, too, but I can't find it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads