Anyone recognise this?

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by Artemis1, Jan 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]This chap posted this on a popular car forum, anyone know what the uniform is?

Sent from my iPhone using this Tapatalk thing....

2. Yep, that uniform is a complete bag of Shit!!

3. Legion of Frontiersmen.

Don't mock them, they're brave heroes.

4. Not mocking them at all, just an observation.

5. What? Did he/she get it out of the scran bag? That soldier, and I use the term loosely, is a bag of shit.

6. Arrse Wiki is your buddy.

Legion of Frontiersmen - ARRSEpedia

7. looks more like 9/12 L

8. I think its 9/12L (who?) as well. The collar, collar badge, belt and the fact that he is holding a lance would suggest that

9. As Roger and Bi said its 9/12L, i suppose some of the answers before that may show a lack of having served. Though he does look a bag of shite in it.

10. Shouldn't he have Cherry Trousers, same colour as his collar? Sorry they were the 14th/20th? I think. He certainly has their collar dogs.

I played rugby against them when they were in Sennelager. Always a popular fixture as they had a full-uniform mess steward come on at half time with a silver stirrup cup of grog!

11. They were good at waiting on,made up for everything else i suppose.

12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

3/4 Dancers as stated I would say.

I've seen people come out of plane crashes less crumpled than that.

13. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The cherry trousers were given to the 11th Hussars, now part of the KRH. They also have the three feathers as collar dogs.

14. Thanks for that, my eyesight is not all it was so are those three feathers or not?

15. They are the crossed Lances of the Delhi Spearmen.

Would also be a bit weird for a Hussar to be carrying an Lance but as he looks such a mess all things are possible.