Anyone recognise this?

This chap posted this on a popular car forum, anyone know what the uniform is?

Sent from my iPhone using this Tapatalk thing....

Yep, that uniform is a complete bag of Shit!!

Legion of Frontiersmen.

Don't mock them, they're brave heroes.

Not mocking them at all, just an observation.

I think its 9/12L (who?) as well. The collar, collar badge, belt and the fact that he is holding a lance would suggest that

As Roger and Bi said its 9/12L, i suppose some of the answers before that may show a lack of having served. Though he does look a bag of shite in it.

Shouldn't he have Cherry Trousers, same colour as his collar? Sorry they were the 14th/20th? I think. He certainly has their collar dogs.

I played rugby against them when they were in Sennelager. Always a popular fixture as they had a full-uniform mess steward come on at half time with a silver stirrup cup of grog!

They were good at waiting on,made up for everything else i suppose.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
3/4 Dancers as stated I would say.

I've seen people come out of plane crashes less crumpled than that.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Shouldn't he have Cherry Trousers, same colour as his collar? Sorry they were the 14th/20th? I think. He certainly has their collar dogs.

I played rugby against them when they were in Sennelager. Always a popular fixture as they had a full-uniform mess steward come on at half time with a silver stirrup cup of grog!
The cherry trousers were given to the 11th Hussars, now part of the KRH. They also have the three feathers as collar dogs.

B

bokkatankie

Thanks for that, my eyesight is not all it was so are those three feathers or not?
They are the crossed Lances of the Delhi Spearmen.

Would also be a bit weird for a Hussar to be carrying an Lance but as he looks such a mess all things are possible.