• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Anyone recognise this bloke ?

I normally avoid walt hunts but the following exchange livened up a dull and very humid afternoon in the office.

A colleague was emailed by an acquaintance, let's call her Gullible Woman, saying she had been chatting to a bloke on an online dating site who said he was in in the Army but wondered if he was genuine.

Office "Well have you any info on him ?"

GW "He sent me this"

Sent: Friday 16 March 2012 08:09:01
Object: a little about me

hello,

how are you ? it is a real pleasure to have you on hotmail....
My name once again is James Howard, I was born on the 23 December 1954 in Norfolk,UK. I was educated at Felsted School and St Lawrence College.
Throughout my 35-years career, I have served seven tours of duty with the 1st Battalion in Northern Ireland and also with the UN in Cyprus and for many years in Germany before I commanded the Battalion in the Air-mobile role from 1989 to 1991.
Amongst my appointments on the Staff, as Colonel Higher Command and Staff Course/Doctrine at the Army Staff College, Camberley in 1992-93 and now occupying my current position as the Commanding officer for the British Royal Army stationed in Kabul, Afghanistan. I will however soon be retiring from the army in 30 days time from now.
Office "Wow, that's a very impressive career. But he doesn't say which regiment/corps. Any other info you can give us?"

GW "He sent me a photo. He seems to have lots of medals. He said the pic was taken when he went to a ceremony."

Office "Can you send it to us ?"

GW "Sure, here it is."

Office "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .......... "

We sent her the wiki link to who is really in the picture.

Do we get a medal for outing the highest ranking walt ? :)

I was going to offer to chat to your colleague, but one thinks that she must be quite old with saggy tits if she is going for that chap.

In my day having a 'scoring name' as an alias was essential to avoid being compromised. Perhaps Gen Dannat is on the prowl for available members of the fairer sex. Bad persec though.

Latest Threads