• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Anyone recall an Ammo Tech training documentary circa 1991?

As the message says, there was a documentary filmed at Kineton late '89 and early '90, showing selection and some trade training of the Ammunition Technician. I think it may have been a single 1 hour piece, probably on Channel 4

Anyone have any idea?

I was on my course in ‘91 and can’t remember any documentary being made. There have been two made on the IEDD aspect of the trade

As the message says, there was a documentary filmed at Kineton late '89 and early '90, showing selection and some trade training of the Ammunition Technician. I think it may have been a single 1 hour piece, probably on Channel 4

Anyone have any idea?

Ask Fat_Cav, I think he recalls it....

I can only recall a documentary about bomb disposal from that period.
Thats on youtube or the BBC iplayer somewhere.

I was on my course in ‘91 and can’t remember any documentary being made. There have been two made on the IEDD aspect of the trade
I was in the room when they told us we had failed selection, which was in the doc, that was filmed around Aug '89, and was then interviewed a few weeks afterwards, which ended up on the editing floor.

I think it may have been '90, perhaps. I just can't remember

A Major I worked with in Germany was on a telly prog in around 90/91/92 he had just moved to Jockistan (possibly CATO) and was filmed doing a briefing. I bumped into him at COPEX and we joked about his new found fame. I vaguely recall that the proggie was an hour long and showed aspects of pre-ops too.

Yes, it was made during my selection and training. Initially it was was supposed to be a three part series. Selection, trade training and finally IEDD training.
After it was made it was decided that there was not enough "dirt" or contravercy to make good television. As a result it was reduced from 3 hours to 1 and shown as part of the Dispatches series in 1990.
Whilst they were filming the Shrivenham phase we would swap our ties each time the crew would stop to replace the film cans, which probably helped in sinking the project.