• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Anyone read about this guy?

two ways of looking at this, i feel slightly sorry as hes felt the need to go this far to get away from it however the side of me that would do anything for my mates struggles to comprehend hurting myself so i didnt have to return

Hopefully he gets the help he needs

On one side of it, he's a total fuckwit for not talking to his welfare officer or somone else. On t'other... he's a fuckwit. Sympathy to him for being made into a nutcase though.

On one side of it, he's a total fuckwit for not talking to his welfare officer or somone else. On t'other... he's a fuckwit. Sympathy to him for being made into a nutcase though.
please tell me you making that comment with the relivant experience behind you! COD or any other playbox game dosnt count

Let's face it. He's a coward. There are cowards in the army as there are in any walk of life.
yup but a sick young man who at least went there in the first place! mixed thoughts from myself

Getting back to the topic! its a tough one really!

back in the day going AWOL for any reason was a big NO NO regardless of reasons!i wouldnt have dreamt of doing it!
1.You dont want to let your muckers down
2.You joined the fooking army and trained to do this shiit
3.Your surrounded by Muckers and your all fookin bullet proof and bomb proof(thats what you think in your mind)your the creme de le creme

but on the other side of it i think todays Army lets you think a bit more and question etc etc
plus you can get your story in the public domain a lot easier!
He wasnt cut out for Army life is the short of it, so it shouldnt be getting airtime so to speak!

Agreed, though so have tens of thousands of others but they managed to return and face their fears.
yup, all very sad!

ive been in the position where people i knew didnt return and i wasnt so sympathetic to them!

i just find it hard to be so judgemental on lads with PTSD when i dont know exactly what they have been through. He has to live the rest of his life knowing he let his mates down. Thats punnishment enough

Latest Threads