Anyone on here who is really old...

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by sammym, Jul 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I met a bloke in a pub who claimed to have been in the Engineers. He claims he was a bomb disposal officer, and a diving instructor, and from what he was saying was the pride of the regiment. He stuck me as a bit of an ******** and I wondered if he was chatting rubbish or not.

He was about 50ish years old. Scouse accent, and was called Gary Mort. So anyone know him, and is he for real.
  2. Oi bollocks, 50ish is not REALLY old.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ohh look popcorn and bier too.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 50? Bloody sprog. When I joined up the Red Sea was only pink.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sammy - short, tubby bloke with glasses?

Really old? Wind it it in sprog.
  6. Thats right. About 5 "8ish and quite fat. He seemed to think himself a bit of a hard nut as well... You know him?

And he might have been older, atleast 50 I'd say.
  7. And Red Sea Rig looked like this

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bet you weren't on the Bar at the Last Supper though, or on the photo. To the OP .... you cheeky young walting walthunter fooker you.
  9. List of names, who i can contact.

He's listed on here so maybe not fake. Can't comment on his patter or resume, a lot of wants in bomb disposal.

Ours is called *unter!
  10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I remember when it was a sea of reeds (I know I'm a theology walt (& an atheist to boot)).

And 50 is not old - it was only 1962 FFS.
  11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

and the parting was caused by the Tsunami that was caused when santorini blew its top (and bottom and sides) and the chronological order matches up pretty close to the old testament well as close as can be expected from a collective narrative history from the late bronze age.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. You were a staff sergeant in those days then?
    • Like Like x 6
  13. Sammym, that'll be The Royal Engineers if you don't mind. Gary Mort hmmm name rings a bell, but not sure at my advanced age, memory isn't what it used to be. Paddy S***** would would know.
  14. Ammended: Try here: List of names, who i can contact. If its the same bloke he's ex 49 EOD, same as me.
  15. I like the cut of your jib.