Anyone Noticed?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by armies, Mar 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone noticed that if anyone has ever served in the army, its always mentioned in the media, if the individual has done something.

For example, the guy in Newcastle, who killed members of his family. He handed himself into the cop station afterwards.

My point is this..he served in gulf War 1 in the artillery, but has been out for years. Why does the media have to say' a former soldier has been arrested for the....'.

Christ, the guy has been in civie life probably longer than he was a squaddie. Why couldnt they say..' a plumber from.... has been arrested today for..

well you get my drift anyway.

It just annoys me that they always have to drag up their past job, if they were in the army at some point in their life.

2. Ah now they do also say former gang member, ex prisoner, former MP, disgraced this that and the other, regular churchgoer, white van man etc. It helps conjure the picture using a minimum of words.

In the not so distant future the following ‘easy indents’ will be added; former Tony’s crony, former member of the New Liebour syndicate, unemployable New Labour apparatchik

etc.

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

In this case it might just have had something to do with the weapon/s he had stashed away?

4. I think they're trying to show some sort of fall from grace.

If only they knew and Grace was never that fussy.

Screenwriters use ex-military too much IMHO and especially army as any pyscho that humps poodles, beats up women or has dodgey mates is usually ex-army and suffering from post bar shutting early syndrome to somehow justify his actions.

Civvies. What the fcuk do they know?

5. They know what sells.

Prudence never pays, and everything thing she wants costs money