Anyone mind shooting me some large crows please

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Watcher, Dec 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need some of the larger wing primary feathers for some crow quill floats I want to make (for myself and a pal; not to sell). Donation to Fishing for Heroes in return.

2. Where abouts are you?

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'll see what I can do this weekend!

4. Thanks guys; I'm in East Lancashire.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It may be next weekend before we get out now, the boss is emailing everyone trying to get tomorrows shoot cancelled. He doesnt want the birds stressed. owning chickens I know what he means, mine cant abide the snow/ I had to clear all around their coop and store feed and water indoors overnight. They wont come out or lay otherwise!

6. will rooks do?

7. Any quill that is large will do but one word of caution is whether crows are protected? Just hit a web site that suggested they were. Don't want anyone to get in trouble for this.

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

General License should suffice. Some **** was on TV claiming that Herring Gulls were protected, the General license used to allow culling!
    Now they can be controlled but only for health reasons.
    see here General licences you will find that Crows can be shot all year!

9. Don't suppose a turkey will suffice? Bernard Matthews has no more use for them.

10. just got you a rook, pm me your address and ill get them in the post. (do you want the whole wing or just a few feathers)

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Toptastic, Tomorrow is back on!

12. Mikey,

Check you PMs.

Thanks

W

13. Crows are protected.But only by a thin layer of feathers!!!.