Anyone met this utter cumper yet?

It seems that even the Walts don't like Walts.

'Possession of a Foot Guard uniform by a person other than the person to whom the uniform was issued to constitutes larceny by possession, no matter how thee individual in possession of the uniform came into possession of it. Due to the high replacement costs of some of our uniform pieces, possession of even just a few pieces may constitute a Class D felony.'

What a collection of utter sacks of shit tied in the middle with string.

Not very tight string, judging by those trousers!

Shame that this thread won't disappear from ARRSE and General Sir Ian Michael Francis will continue to appear high in the Google search results for sometime yet.

But further posts should not reference General Sir Ian Michael Francis as this will only prolong the time this thread is flagged in the search results.

Wordsmith
I think you have a point.

It’s a shame that we haven’t heard personally from General Sir Ian Michael Francis

If we had heard personally from General Sir Ian Michael Francis, then we might be better able to assess the personal discomfort we are inadvertently causing General Sir Ian Michael Francis.

For myself, I’d like to assure General Sir Ian Michael Francis that I bear him no Ill-will.

Not being a military chap, I've always wondered when I see these things come up, whether "walt" is an arrseism or in general (no pun intended) military parlance. But now the term (and subject as it happens) has made it into one of the new episodes of Midsomer Murders, I think I know!
1947, though obviously the DVD was a little later.
1580315523495.png

I've hidden on a river bank until full darkness fell, then quietly slipped into the water and stealthily swam across to the other side to reach my mates car.

Well, I was poaching Salmon at the time and there were Two bailiffs that I spotted out looking for me.

Does that make me a shoe in for the SBS?

Last edited:

It’s a shame that we haven’t heard personally from General Sir Ian Michael Francis

If we had heard personally from General Sir Ian Michael Francis, then we might be better able to assess the personal discomfort we are inadvertently causing General Sir Ian Michael Francis.

For myself, I’d like to assure General Sir Ian Michael Francis that I bear him no Ill-will.
Who?

1947, though obviously the DVD was a little later.
View attachment 446540
Actually James Thurber should get the credit for the concept of "Walter Mitty" as it was his story that appeared in the New Yorker magazine in 1939 that introduced the mild mannered daydreamer to the public.

"The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" (1939) is a short story by James Thurber. The most famous of Thurber's stories,[1] it first appeared in The New Yorker on March 18, 1939, and was first collected in his book My World and Welcome to It (Harcourt, Brace and Company, 1942).[2] It has since been reprinted in James Thurber: Writings and Drawings (The Library of America, 1996, ISBN 1-883011-22-1), is available on-line on the New Yorker website,[3] and is one of the most anthologized short stories in American literature.[4] The story is considered one of Thurber's "acknowledged masterpieces".[5] It was made into a 1947 movie of the same name, with Danny Kaye in the title role, though the movie is very different from the original story. It was also adapted into a 2013 film, which is again very different from the original.

The name Walter Mitty and the derivative word "Mittyesque"[6] have entered the English language, denoting an ineffectual person who spends more time in heroic daydreams than paying attention to the real world, or more seriously, one who intentionally attempts to mislead or convince others that he is something that he is not.

Actually James Thurber should get the credit for the concept of "Walter Mitty" as it was his story that appeared in the New Yorker magazine in 1939 that introduced the mild mannered daydreamer to the public.
Actually I just wanted to shoehorn a picture of Virginia Mayo in, just in case there was anyone else heterosexual reading the thread.

Check_0ne_Two

Old-Salt
The sad thing is if there are bods in the family that believe him. Imagine finding out that your old mans a liar and meeting that in school.
According to his profile phot he's also done a stint in the Maritime and Coastguard Agency ( MCA).

I can imagine his tales of battle, balconies and glory on training nights...

Londo

LE

Who ?

General Sir Ian Michael Francis is who I believe. Although it could possibly be a different General Sir Ian Michael Francis although I doubt it. How many General Sir Ian Michael Francis can there be in UK?

Ah, General Sir Ian Michael Francis then? Thought it may have been General Sir Ian Michael Francis but for a while there I was a little uncertain that it was indeed General Sir Ian Michael Francis.

Monty Python 'It's just a flesh wound' Walts.

Although, to be fair, Key & Peele do some hilarious stuff.

Given that Walts are also wänkers...
Words cannot express my gratitude - just watched half an hour of K&P, never seen 'em before!

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
General Sir Ian Michael Francis is who I believe. Although it could possibly be a different General Sir Ian Michael Francis although I doubt it. How many General Sir Ian Michael Francis can there be in UK?
How many do you want?
They can walt until getting exposed or they get promoted?

Ah, General Sir Ian Michael Francis then? Thought it may have been General Sir Ian Michael Francis but for a while there I was a little uncertain that it was indeed General Sir Ian Michael Francis.
But just who is General Sir Ian Michael Francis? Does General Sir Ian Michael Francis want to answer questions about General Sir Ian Michael Francis.

I just googled General Sir Ian Michael Francis and the top site was this one. I suspect that General Sir Ian Michael Francis may have gained more publicity than he might have wanted. Maybe we should feel sorry for General Sir Ian Michael Francis, the utter belter.

Londo

LE
I just googled General Sir Ian Michael Francis and the top site was this one. I suspect that General Sir Ian Michael Francis may have gained more publicity than he might have wanted. Maybe we should feel sorry for General Sir Ian Michael Francis, the utter belter.
General Sir Ian Michael Francis is a very naughty boy .

Chef

LE
Enough already! I can take a hint. I'm taking my it down.

Even though it's all true.

(Apart from the words in the profile).

Latest Threads