Anyone met this utter cumper yet?

unicorn77

War Hero
The term has been around since the novel “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” was published in 1939. WM fantasised about a life much more exciting and glamorous than his own dead end existence. Walt is a shortened version, most probably adopted by the Military community.
ETA - beaten to it by @Mr Tweedy!
Yes. It's the actual "walt" term and it's particular application to military bluffers that I wondered about. I guessed it's derivation very soon smartarsse that I am. In the Midsomer episode, there was a written clue to an identity of "walt" and the cast included an ex-military type obviously doing the walt thing, and Barnaby was looking for someone of that name, not type, so I was able to turn to my beloved and tell her that with my wide military knowledge gained entirely through Arsse, which of the cast was the culprit. I also told the wife.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes. It's the actual "walt" term and it's particular application to military bluffers that I wondered about. I guessed it's derivation very soon smartarsse that I am. In the Midsomer episode, there was a written clue to an identity of "walt" and the cast included an ex-military type obviously doing the walt thing, and Barnaby was looking for someone of that name, not type, so I was able to turn to my beloved and tell her that with my wide military knowledge gained entirely through Arsse, which of the cast was the culprit. I also told the wife.
Mods, can we have a ‘Fascinating’ icon, please?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
And the curse of ARRSE strikes again. First page of Google search results.

1580311332682.png

His profile will be disappearing in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

Wordsmith

chimera

LE
With that many medals he must be a friend of JohnG. Maybe he was in 15 Int hence the lack of official "history".

chimera

LE
I once hid in some bushes while being pursued by The Woodland Trust operatives.

Pretty sure SAS selection would just be a formality for me.
What you did, re. the WT patrol, is covered in Week 1 of the Escape and Evasion course.
During Week 2, you'll receive Enhanced Interrogation training, which involves sitting in a darkened room, being shouted at by a Woodland Trust officer, having a Jenny wired to your bollocks while Bill Oddie and David Bellamy look on.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems to have gone already!
Shame that this thread won't disappear from ARRSE and General Sir Ian Michael Francis will continue to appear high in the Google search results for sometime yet.

But further posts should not reference General Sir Ian Michael Francis as this will only prolong the time this thread is flagged in the search results.

Wordsmith

What you did, re. the WT patrol, is covered in Week 1 of the Escape and Evasion course.
During Week 2, you'll receive Enhanced Interrogation training, which involves sitting in a darkened room, being shouted at by a Woodland Trust officer, having a Jenny wired to your bollocks while Bill Oddie and David Bellamy look on.

Zombie David Bellamy?

Shame that this thread won't disappear from ARRSE and General Sir Ian Michael Francis will continue to appear high in the Google search results for sometime yet.

But further posts should not reference General Sir Ian Michael Francis as this will only prolong the time this thread is flagged in the search results.

Wordsmith

are you being naughty and trying to make sure that General Sir Ian Michael Francis remains high on google ( other search engines are available) search by repeatedly mention General Sir Ian Michael Francis?

what would general sir Ian Michael Francis say?

And the curse of ARRSE strikes again. First page of Google search results.

View attachment 446534

His profile will be disappearing in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

Wordsmith
I googled the name this morning and the link to his Facebook page was top of the list.
Clicked it & my web security gave me a "Not a chance, this is as bogus as feck" message.
I hit the back button and looked at the link and it had some dubious prefix.

Haven't been able to get the link since. All a bit . . . odd.

Latest Threads