Anyone met this utter cumper yet?

foxs_marine

War Hero
Does that rack have TWO Afghan medals?
In the first phot he's got the rack mounted high on the shoulder, RN style. This means the QGM & GSM with MiD oak leaf are covered by his lapel - such modesty!

My favourite wasn't pretending to be military but was clearly unwell.

He had previously been over 7 foot tall but the government genetically modified him to fit into a smaller flat.
He was also the same weight as a blue whale.

In case anyone was wondering his outward appearance was that of an average height human who didn't sink into the ground as he walked about.
He was also clearly "pharmaceutically enhanced" and had "a complex medical history"

I forget all the rest but it was hilarious.
Did he live in Nottingham by any chance, and be connected with the SWP?

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Depending on the age of the person I was a Clerk-tech, Tech-Storeman, or Stores-accountant. So that was 3 designations in a probable 20 year spread. I remember STGs being called spec ops by everyone.
Yeah they were Speshul all right - fecking moon-howlers!

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Would that be an MiD on his GSM 1962?

Did he live in Nottingham by any chance, and be connected with the SWP?
thankfully no,

He had arms thicker than noodles for starters

I've had several ancient bluffers in recent years go down the:
"I used to do some Top Secret SAS type malarkey and they asked me to come back after retirement to go to Iraq/ Afghanistan. They offered me a massive sum of money/ promotion to General Admiral of the Air Force but I told them no. I've done my time/seen too much already, still have some of the special passports or paperwork from the Queen that allows me to kill someone without prosecution etc etc."

Thay all follow the same basic storyline and I'm wondering if there's a website somewhere that they pick this stuff up from.

tumblr_obbikvxtPp1rzbj5mo4_500.gif

"I used to do some Top Secret SAS type malarkey and they asked me to come back after retirement to go to Iraq/ Afghanistan. They offered me a massive sum of money/ promotion to General Admiral of the Air Force but I told them no. I've done my time/seen too much already, still have some of the special passports or paperwork from the Queen that allows me to kill someone without prosecution etc etc."

Thay all follow the same basic storyline and I'm wondering if there's a website somewhere that they pick this stuff up from.

View attachment 446499

unicorn77

War Hero
Not being a military chap, I've always wondered when I see these things come up, whether "walt" is an arrseism or in general (no pun intended) military parlance. But now the term (and subject as it happens) has made it into one of the new episodes of Midsomer Murders, I think I know!

The sad thing is if there are bods in the family that believe him. Imagine finding out that your old mans a liar and meeting that in school.

I agree , there are plenty of posts that are ripe for incorporating in to a faked identity. The three quotes below are prime examples that could be used by those who would be described as fantasists. :

"I'm called Tim in the Brixmis book. That's not my name, either. "

" I only have 3 medals. Spink recommend I insure one of them for £15000 in light of the citation. "

" I was never a member of the SF, though I worked with them in the DDR and in Bosnia. I've been a member of the SF Club for over 20 years. "

Mr Tweedy

Old-Salt
Not being a military chap, I've always wondered when I see these things come up, whether "walt" is an arrseism or in general (no pun intended) military parlance. But now the term (and subject as it happens) has made it into one of the new episodes of Midsomer Murders, I think I know!
Is that a Wah?

"Wah shield On" Walter Mitty "Wah Shield Off"

The term has been around since the novel “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” was published in 1939. WM fantasised about a life much more exciting and glamorous than his own dead end existence. Walt is a shortened version, most probably adopted by the Military community.
ETA - beaten to it by @Mr Tweedy!

I agree , there are plenty of posts that are ripe for incorporating in to a faked identity. The three quotes below are prime examples that could be used by those who would be described as fantasists. :

"I'm called Tim in the Brixmis book. That's not my name, either. "

" I only have 3 medals. Spink recommend I insure one of them for £15000 in light of the citation. "

" I was never a member of the SF, though I worked with them in the DDR and in Bosnia. I've been a member of the SF Club for over 20 years. "
I've often wondered if any of the bluffers are active Arrsers.

Latest Threads