Anyone met this utter cumper yet?

Familiar with the term state sponsored terrorism, state sponsored waltism is a new one to me.....
Citizen Militia of the Colony State of Connecticut wearing uniforms similar to their originals from 1771...

par avion

War Hero
About thirty years ago I met a guy who had served as an officer in 6th battalion Rhodesia Regiment during the bush war. I thought he was unusual as most Rhodesians served in the Selous Scouts or Rhodesian SAS, or both. The same as every South African of that era all served in the Recce Regiments.

The Rhodesia Regiment consisted of Territorials who had completed National Service and by 1978 had to complete 6 weeks call-up followed by six weeks back in civie street and then another six weeks back in the army. They were very much the unsung heroes of the Rhodesian bush war,

I have always been interested in the Rhodesian bush war and I had read Ron Read-Dalys book on the Selous Scouts, and 'The Elite' by Barbara Cole - A history of the Rhodesian SAS.

He related his tales of the bush war and I mentioned that I had read the above books.

He mentioned that he knew Lt Col Garth Barrett the CO of 1 Rhodesian SAS Regiment from 1978 - 80.

I said "Ah yes I read about him in Barbara Cole's book"

Rhodie "Were you in the bush war"

Me " No I have only read about it"

Further conversation.

Rhodie " Are you sure you didn't serve in the Rhodesian army, you know a lot about it.

Me "No, honestly I haven't been further south than the Isle of Wight (actually a fib as I spent a week in Ascencion Island in 1982) I have just read about it.

"Hmmm" he said giving me a funny look which indicated that He didn't quite believe me.

I mean, what does this make me ? A reverse walt? A failed walt.

Last edited:
Are you saying all those times I said I was a gynaecologist on dates that it was all good as long as my exams didn’t include pulling out a stethoscope?
As long as you didn't pull a rabbit out of it you were on a winner

1580270550784.png

par avion

War Hero
The best walt I met was while serving with the Commonwealth Liason Mission to the United Nations Command at Yongsan Garrison, Seoul, South Korea in 1983/84.

We had our own UN compound next to South Post. It was administered by the US army but the MPs did not have jurisdication as it was UN terriority.

We had our own UN Sgts mess which was for E6 (Corporal) and above which was more like a private club than a british Sgts mess.

One of the associate members was a US army E6 who was 25 years old but when he was drunk or sober he used to bore everyone he could collar that he had been a US Special Forces Green Beret in Vietnam and that he had been a POW.

He would have been 14/15 when the last US serviceman left SVN in March 1973. He used to get quite maudlin about it when pissed. Everyone just ignored him for the idiot he was and eventually he was banned for being obnoxious. He actually worked for the US Army Post Office parcel depot at Kimpo Airport.

The thing is there were plenty of genuine Vietnam veterans around at the time both serving and retired. Some of the good ole boys had completed twenty or thirty years in the US Army or Marines as Infantrymen - A one year tour in Korea during the Korean war and three tours of Vietnam. They just smiled when listening to his war stories.

The US Special Forces Korea chapter used to hold their annual shindig in the club - "Swop lies and drink beer". I remember speaking to a Canadian who had crossed the border and completed two tours of Vietnam with Special Forces who was still serving.

Last edited:

Whining Civvy

War Hero
Seems he was also a Royal.

So do you ex military types always put your uniforms and fancy hats on when you're on your computers? Because that's exactly how I picture you.

par avion

War Hero
So do you ex military types put your uniforms and fancy hats on when you're on your computers? Because that's exactly how I picture you.
If he was a genuine Royal Marine he would by wearing a little black cocktail dress, heels or flatties. Thats how we can tell he is a walt. Haven't you learned anything from reading these threads?

So do you ex military types always put your uniforms and fancy hats on when you're on your computers? Because that's exactly how I picture you.
Not I. I am almost always naked.

But I may occasionally haze myself by slamming a set of my wings into my chest when feeling nostalgic.

About thirty years ago I met a guy who had served as an officer in 6th battalion Rhodesia Regiment during the bush war. I thought he was unusual as most Rhodesians served in the Selous Scouts or Rhodesian SAS, or both. The same as every South African of that era all served in the Recce Regiments.

The Rhodesia Regiment consisted of Territorials who had completed National Service and by 1978 had to complete 6 weeks call-up followed by six weeks back in civie street and then another six weeks back in the army. They were very much the unsung heroes of the Rhodesian bush war,

I have always been interested in the Rhodesian bush war and I had read Ron Read-Dalys book on the Selous Scouts, and 'The Elite' by Barbara Cole - A history of the Rhodesian SAS.

He related his tales of the bush war and I mentioned that I had read the above books.

He mentioned that he knew Lt Col Garth Barrett the CO of 1 Rhodesian SAS Regiment from 1978 - 80.

I said "Ah yes I read about him in Barbara Cole's book"

Rhodie "Were you in the bush war"

Me " No I have only read about it"

Further conversation.

Rhodie " Are you sure you didn't serve in the Rhodesian army, you know a lot about it.

Me "No, honestly I haven't been further south than the Isle of Wight (actually a fib as I spent a week in Ascencion Island in 1982) I have just read about it.

"Hmmm" he said giving me a funny look which indicated that He didn't quite believe me.

I mean, what does this make me ? A reverse walt? A failed walt.
I know what you mean

With my work I’ve been accused by a number of officials in foreign countries of being MI6.

I mean, with my search history?

Er...

Latest Threads