Anyone know where my kit is?

CC_TA

LE
Gents and gentlettes.

I'm trying to track down some airfreight from Afghan - Sent to Germany in June from KAF, got to Germany - 3 boxes missing and no sign of them on Vital. Phoned Brize several helpful people but no luck, eventually gave me a Bicester number - no answer.

Any tips, ideas or contacts? (Other than kit insurance?)

Could ask your QM or RQMS to see if the can help or even your ROSO?
They might with their contacts be able to track them down.
With Bicester you probably want the Operations Centre number?
Not at work so cant give it to you, but good luck!!

E

EScotia

If it was personal kit, were you attached to a BFG based unit? If so ring their RQMS & see if it's languishing in their stores.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
It took over 5 months to get one box from Cyprus to Scotland - once the Stores bloke put it in the system. During that time no-one knew where it was.

CC_TA

LE
Was detached to another unit for tour - 2 boxes were at the QMs when I got back but the remained are no where to be seen. QMs & REME Bn next door looked on vital but no luck. Tried Bicester but no answer this afternoon - will try again tomorrow.

Edited to add: No ROSO as in Regs.

Last edited:
You got to take 3 boxes of personal kit on tour? What makes you so special?

CC_TA

LE

No boxes took on tour, had to lug all kit, armourer tools & STTE with me. The two boxes sent back that have been collected were 'My personal kit' Bouncing bombs and bulky kit from the lads to save them lugging it back. The other boxes were from a JCCC & Medevac cases.

I send back loads of boxes everytime I go on tour, because there is so much buckshee* kit just lying around.

It does end up in some weird and wonderful places though, if it goes to the wrong place it tends to sit around as no one knows what to do with it.

I dont know if Dulmen is still the hub (or even still open) but a lot of my stuff used to end up there.

*admittedly my version of Buckshee differs from the Armys version

Last edited:

CC_TA

LE
I dont know if Dulmen is still the hub (or even still open) but a lot of my stuff used to end up there.

*admittedly my version of Buckshee differs from the Armys version

I'm sure you mean: Re-distribution and long term loan?

Not sure what Dulmen is used for at moment - I'm sure losing the kit is a multi-agency cock-up! :)

I'm sure you mean: Re-distribution and long term loan?

Not sure what Dulmen is used for at moment - I'm sure losing the kit is a multi-agency cock-up! :)

I call it paying for the mortgage

Its worth finding out if Dulmen is still a distribution hub (it might be 6 regt in Gutersloh now or fucked off somewhere completely different) is still and use and if it is give them a bell. Many a time there were unidentified boxes sitting in the suspense area.

I'm going with stolen by Goblins, it's about as likely as you getting it back

Crab air movers - I might have known....

Rodney2q

Anyone know where my kit is?

On fleabay?