Anyone know whats happened to PPRuNe??

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Hoverpot, Jun 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone. I'm on a begging quest to find out if anyone knows what's wrong with PPRuNe. Like a muppet I left some fairly important stuff in my inbox and now can't access it!! I'd be extremely grateful if anyone who knows how long it may be down for could let me know, as plan B involves an 850 round trip. And yes, lesson learnt!!

Thanks in advance, HP.
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

PPRuNe's fine mate. Possible problems at your end?

3. It crashed

I’ll get my coat :D
  4. Seems alright to me.

Bugger beat me to it.
  5. It's been offline today. As for the issue of why links to PPRuNe threads have not been so sucessful off late:

This is my theory....

I don't know how ISP's assign IP addresses, but I assume that dynamic addressing is used, so people may get different IPs assigned to them each time they access the internet. If that IP has already been used to log in, they will be blocked. If not, a link will take them to the thread.

The above has been confirmed as correct.
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

No need, you were spot on. There is a thread on the Computy stuff forum asking Who Broke PPrune!

It seems to be back up now!
  7. Cheers Fellas. Have just signed up again with a different username and it works fine. I know i haven't done anything to warrant a ban, so it must be an IT issue, of which I know precisely nada, so I've PM'd the mods to see if they can retrieve the gen I need. Thanks for your help, Have a good weekend all.