anyone know what you need for REME

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Nutter, Aug 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have been in an infantry regiment for 2 years i work with some great guys and i have enjoyed it for the most part.

but i would like to learn a trade which was my intention when i joined.

i was thinking of trying to get into reme i was going to have a word with the Pl/SGT tonight about it.

do i need any particular skills to join reme or will they train me
  2. An insatiable appetite for pies and beer, and knuckles that heal quickly.
  3. Judging from your monicker 'Nutter' I think you have everything you need.
  4. i have the appetite for beer and i heal quick so that doesnt matter.

not too keen on the pies though i just shed two stone to improve my fittness
  5. You might struggle to fit in there mate.
  6. An ability to scrim up, sleep, sleep some more... drive to next location (ignoring big DROPS with yellow flag and driver waving at you on side of road), scrim up, cup of tea, sleep...... ;-)
  7. whats it like then in reme then just want to know something before i bother applying in case im wasting my time?
  8. I feel guilty now. I'm not REME mate I'm an RE fitter. We work with them alot in RE units LADs. In my experience REME are a good bunch of hard working (!) skilled lads who are very proficient at what they do. I'd go for it mate.
  9. Totaly agree, was in a RLC (TA) Tpt Sqn with REME attached, great guys, good skills, used to be better trade pay than most, but not too sure on that one..... If that sort of thing floats your boat, go for it, and skills useful in civy street.
  10. It depends on what trade you want to be? If you want to be a vehicle mechanic then the present thinking is you need to be doing it in civvi street, if you want to be a recovery mechanic then no you need no formal training. PM me for more info.
  11. Sounds like you need to get a grip of the lazy cnuts, you must outnumber them and someone in your unit will definitely out rank them, do it one way or the other because they are letting the Corps down, or are you just talking boll@cks??
  12. Thats very interesting, I didnt know that. What GCSE's etc have you got? RE Fitter may be the way forward for you. We're much better than reme anyway. Royal Engineers Made Easy :D
  13. OK I bit! :oops:
  14. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: