Anyone know what happened?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Sympathetic_Reaction, Jun 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Picture from strategyworld.com, looks like a hard landing on the rear right wheel station to me, but anyone know what actually happened?

Obviously ignore the question if it is a security problem, but if it's public knowledge I'd like to know.

S_R

Attached Files:

2. Merlin ZJ133 crash in USA 9th November 09 I think, it had a heavy landing while on pre-deployment to Afghanistan.

3. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sorry should have added the following which was the description of the picture.

4. No sweat, that was he only ref I could find about a crashed Merlin, Probably be in next months aviation magazines

5. The news had already hit the Regiments later the same day with what would seem to be pretty genuine information, don't really want to say too much on here, worth noting that all on board are OK however, no doubt the full details will be out shortly. Sorry if this isn't really the info people are after but maybe a bit too soon after the incident to be giving away too much on these means.

6. Sympathetic_Reaction

Thanks SfT good enough to keep my curiosity under control. I'm interested as i was on the team at QinetiQ who did the acceptance tests on them...so I have a soft spot for the aircraft (but not as much as the Sea king mk4).

I'll keep my eyes open on the normal news for info.

Thanks

S_R

7. A little more background info here.

8. [​IMG]

Link with a bit more info.....