Anyone know this fine specimen?

What's he hiding up his T shirt, his reserve parachute?

Say what you like, but me and Brian trained hard in covert infiltration using only the most advanced techniques. Not only did we learn to leopard crawl like everyone else, but we also spent days on the range badger hopping, fish singing and gerbil dancing. There’s few here that can say the same.

Our main war task wasn’t just to stay behind and carry out lines of communication attacks on the Third Shock Army, but were tasked with specific targets to make them even more shocked. After all these years I think I can reveal that one of them was the commander of the Second Hey Presto Platoon of the Eighth Surprise Brigade.

If anyone thinks his facial tattoo is a bit odd I can also confirm that I drew it on with a marker pen when we ran out of cam cream.

Great days.

What's the Army coming to? One day it's gays, next it's piercings and facial tattoos. What's next - women?
Ooh, you’re lucky that the great Slugster isn’t here. Rumour has it that she went out with a bloke for quite a while until he said something along the same lines. There followed much sliced face, but somehow she got away with it even though she wrote a tell-all book about his remarkably swift demise. It was called Death of a Snail’s Man.

Never mind all the groaning, she would have liked it. Maybe :)

Last edited:
This guys Facebook profile is absolute gold, found on a football page claiming to be a big time hooligan, the perpetrator of numerous clandestine raids on Al Qaeda and the best of all, a genuine Viking.
He's gen. I saw him at the canteen at Orso Grande. He can't hold his liquor though.

I can vouch - while he was on detachment with us, he was behind me on the balcony at Entebbe
That nose ring came off one of Idi's bodyguards he'd slotted
Nah really - you could join up at 13 in those days - as long as your borstal guvner signed off on it.

Last edited:
This guys Facebook profile is absolute gold, found on a football page claiming to be a big time hooligan, the perpetrator of numerous clandestine raids on Al Qaeda and the best of all, a genuine Viking.
I suspect this bloke may have some MH issues, Leave him alone if he’s not harming anyone.

I was 'inned' rather than 'outed' once. 'What did you do in the Army?' 'I was a Postie' 'Oh I get it, you can't really tell me what you did. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink'. He tapped his nose and sidled off with a knowing look.

Last edited:

Latest Threads