Anyone know the calorie content of a single ORP foily?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by MrBane, May 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

As per the title, and no, it's not to add it to my Weight Watchers Pro Points programme, it's for research. :)

There's lots of info, but nothing actually specifying how many calories are in a standard ORP main meal, such as the Meatballs.

2. Burn the contents, measure the energy released, subtract the energy that you used to ignite it, then convert that figure to the colorific value.
  3. Suspended on a nichrome wire over a bunsen burner I assume spaz ?
  4. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ah yes, classic ARRSE 'humour'. *yawn*
  5. I was told whilst on ex in sunny Germany, by the Master Chef that a modern 24 hours ORP box has between 3.5 and 4K calories. Each main meal is between 800 and 1K calories, the breakfast being the lower number. The rest make up the other 1000K depending on the choccy (the old mars bar was 250 calories on it own) and other variations. How is it achieved, FAT !!!, example, a tin of civvie sausage and beans is about 400 calories for the whole tin, the MRE breakfast sausage and beans is double because of the fat / oil etc. For once, fat can be good for you if you need that amount of calorie intake
  6. I thought every ****** knew the 3 - 4 thousand cals a day rule.
  7. Give your average TA SNCO a full box (10 packs) of ORP per day for 30 days and when he starts to lose weight you can calculate that he is an obese ******.

I still don't know what the average foil sachet is in calorific terms though.
  8. As a rough rule of thumb I would say a tin of baked beans.
  9. On my cold weather survival, it was mention around 4.2k...we had to eat two a day!
  10. Whats a calorie?....never needed to count them EVER..:thumleft:
  11. OrifO

Tuna Chilli Pasta 300g

Nutrition per 100g
    Energy: 464kJ/111kcal
    Protein: 7,9g
    Carbohydrate: 7,9g
    Fat: 5,1g

Packed for OrifO ApS, PO Box 141, DK-6100 Haderslev, Denmark.

Made in Thailand.