Anyone know of Dr Carroll?

I chanced upon this when searching for something

I found it a bit hard to swallow!

I'm not in the business of outing Walts so I shall blame his obituary writer!

Obituary said:
Doctor leaves long legacy of accomplishments Doctor Robert McHenry Carroll was a private man who derived great personal satisfaction from contributing to the public good. Following a courageous battle with cancer, Dr. Carroll, 73, passed away quietly at his Easton residence. An ophthalmologist, Korean War veteran and humanitarian, Dr. Carroll colored his life with a passion for genealogy and aviation. That year, he volunteered for the U.S. Army and was sent to Korea as part of the 187th Airborne Regiment. He was assigned as a combat medic to the 8055th M.A.S.H. unit in Duijongbu, about 12 miles north of Seoul. While there, he was awarded the Purple Heart for two injuries he sustained during conflict. During his early years of practice, he traveled extensively to Nigeria and performed service as a medical missionary. He was awarded the Distinguished Service Order by the United Kingdom for Gallantry and Honor. He also served as a medical officer with the Rhodesia Light Infantry during the Bush War. After training in parachuting, explosives, bush craft survival, canoeing and weaponry, he was assigned to a "fire force" comprised of 16 men divided between four helicopters. While on one of several danger-fraught missions to Mozambique, he was wounded in crossfire. For this he was awarded the Military Cross by the United Kingdom. He used many of the skills he learned during his experience overseas to hone his many hobbies, including HAM radio and aviation. zwire.com 3 SAug 06
from above said:
While on one of several danger-fraught missions to Mozambique, he was wounded in crossfire. For this he was awarded the Military Cross by the United Kingdom
. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the page

And heres the home page

Haven't had the chance to look through it yet but it seems a fairly informative site