Anyone know if this is true????

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sniper005, Jun 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found on another forum. Anyone know if it`s true????

Have just read something very disturbing in the MoD electronic news. The article reads: Armed police patrolling Heathrow Airport have been wearing tiny Union Jack badges in support of our troops. Met Police top brass claimed the tie pin badges which cost 1 pound with proceeds going to "Help for Heros" WERE OFFENSIVE.
    One officer asked "how can the Union Jack be offensive"? This ruling is even more absurd coming this weekend on the 65th anniverary of the D-Day landings. We must the only country ashamed to display our national flag he went on to say. About 100 officers in the Met SO18 Aviation branch, which patrols Heathrow, bought the inch-square badges. Seventy per cent of them served in the Forces and many have children fighting in Afghanisatan. Another cop said: " We're wearing the badges with pride. Most importantly it shows support for our soldiers at war. "Nobody has put out orders to remove symbols that gay and lesbians wear". Why discriminate against us.
    A stament from the Met said:" The dress code states only approved corporate badges may be used"
    I just cannot beleive what I read sometimes, bloody amazing. Bob
  2. The elections are over, mate. Didn't HQ BNP tell you you could knock off now?
  3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

A statement from the Met said:" The dress code states only approved corporate badges may be used"

Ah Corporate I thought we had a Police Force.Not a Brand!!!
    Countries F...ed
  4. I shit thee not PRT.

I was recently asked by "friends", of my Japanese friends who live and work here, if GB meant gash broon or Great Britain.

The sight of my jaw dropping open was sufficient for my friends to rapidly "parley" the social "fcuk pas" committed etc.

Not that I milked the "sorry" Sake, nor hogged the microphone at the Kara-Oke you understand?

But that was how they saw us!! Shocking it was..
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You like other forae don't you? :

Why the MoD news? Don't you like what the MPS has to offer:

Almost all of your posts so far have been inflamatory or designed to push an agenda; with the exception of an interesting one regarding War Graves. Why don't you stick to that?

Please don't, you will only get shot down again.
  6. If that was directed at me..

Can I just say in mitigation, that I didny beleive the war was over and was in the jungle till the early 70's.

If it wisny I'll just go back to the jungle..

Story of my life eh? Always at the last jap!! Boom tish!!! :D

Available for Panto, Bar Mitzvahs etc..

Poor comms here made me miss Grem's post and make a cn..
    you get the picture .
  7. I'm sure it wasn't, but seeing as you missed the original posters name, it should have been!
  8. I'll be off to Specsavers tomorrow :oops:

Canny multitask...