Anyone know if RMP are recruiting at the moment?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by gudwin1988, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys and girls,

I am currently serving in the QARANC as a nurse but really want to transfer to RMP, most think i'm mad but nursing isnt my thing anymore, doesnt make me happy so it's time for a change.

I have been told that they may not be recruiting as they are fully manned, is this true? and does anyone have any idea when they may start recruiting again? I'm deploying soon and wanted to put my papers in before i go to get the ball rolling.

Any info would be appreciated :)

Thanks

2. well to start the ball rolling you need to fill in a transfer form which you can either get from your rcmo or download via the army net. ms web pages. once the paper work is in you will start off on the transfer process which can take up to a year (unless like me you are luck and it only took me 5 month ) how long have you served ? changing to rmp requires you to return to phase 2 at southwick park which if you have done any amount of time takes alot of getting use to. though it is good to have testing training both physically and mentally...
    any more questions pm me

3. Hello there,

I am currently in the process of joining the RMP. They are recruiting from July 2010, thats what i have been told and i saw the date myself.

Good luck with your career,

Kind regards,

4. There is a difference between the allocation of phase 1 - 2 training slots and transfers (reallocations) who go into phase 2 slots. The best way to find out if there is any availability is as previously said - via your RCMO/PSO.

5. One thing to keep in mind if you want to transfer from QARANC - we like our girls to keep themselves well administrated... I know you QARANC ladies can be a little relaxed in that area, just something you might want to work on before moving over.

Sorry, not the NAAFI?

6. Thank you for all your replies, even yours tired_chimp ;)

7. Can you please explain why you want to be in the RMP?

8. Who made you PM(A)?

9. And what illustrious cap badge adorns your skull then?

10. RMP must be more exciting than giving drugs, doing some notes, doing some more drugs, doing some more notes, going home, sleeping, back to work to do some more notes and a few more drugs!

I joined the army to get away from the NHS and what did they do posted me to an NHS hospital, if i go to a field unit I wont even be a nurse I will be counting tent pegs for a living! YAWN!

I have always wanted to be in the police or a nurse and I went down the nursing route, if all goes wrong with the RMP I still have my nursing to fall back on, Im only 23, still young enough to try new things.

11. Have you had an in depth career discussion with your unit's RCMO as mentioned earlier? can you not request a 'new' posting thats more to your career requirements/liking (I know the world/army puts the service first) but its worth a try?

I'm not saying seek another career or putting you off rmp as IMO their both equally important jobs, just not to everyone's career choice.

Just attempt more options within your own unit branch before making a major leap.

12. I do appreciate what your saying, but QA' can only be posted to MDHU's which are NHS hospitals or a field unit, I have been to a field unit and it was tedious, I didnt do anythng to dow ith my job title so I lost all my clinical skills, this meant that when I went back into a hospital I didnt have a clue what I was doing. I didnt spend 3 years at uni to put up tents and sit around drinking tea.

Another reason I want to leave is I just don't enjoy nursing anymore, I have worked in all areas of nursing, surgical, medical, high dependancy units and its always the same things drugs and notes.

I love being in the military though, im always putting my name to go on exercise just to get off the wards, they asked me to do recruiting which I loved but its not something you can do forever.

I have always wanted to be a police officer, its kind of a family tradition (obviously thats not the only reason) I dont feel there is much more i can try as a QA.

But if it things dont go to plan and i dont enjoy RMP i have always got my nursing to fall back on, but I have got my heart set on RMP now and im quite stubborn :p

Fingers crossed they actually accept me.

13. By the sounds of what you've stated so far then a fresh career challenge might just be what's needed,

Either way good luck in your optional career path.

14. I was trying to express "Why do you think the RMP is a great career?" is a succint manner.

15. I'm trying to express how these sort of reasonable enquiries seem to attract wands like you. Succinctly of course.