Anyone know if British Gas/Scottish Gas is a supportive employer of veterans?

As per title - as we know HM Govt is into covenants and charters etc and employers get a nice shiny certificate if they support the military, reservists and veterans. For example, the Armed Forces Covenant and organisations such as SABRE.
Employers such as Royal Mail, Tescos etc are supposedly supportive, but anyone know if British/Scottish Gas are similarly minded and all roles from fitters to drivers to admin.

Most large companies recently signed up to support both Regular & Reserve troops.
So you if your working for them & are a reserve soldier ask them?

If only there was a part of this site dedicated to reservist matters - Oh, wait.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/forums/army-reserve.45/
Check the title 'veterans' not reservists, specifically 'veterans'. Not everyone that uses Arrse is an 18 year old jock!!

Sensible answers only please. Mods can you move this to a grown up forum. Silly me thought it was a fair question in a relevant current affairs forum. FFS!

My understanding is that AF covenant covers serving, veterans & reservists.

SABRE covers employers, so veterans as well? Or solely reservists?

However, question is specifically re Brit/Scot Gas.

My understanding is that AF covenant covers serving, veterans & reservists.

SABRE covers employers, so veterans as well? Or solely reservists?

However, question is specifically re Brit/Scot Gas.
What did British Gas say when you asked them?

Can I ask how do you support a "veteran" as an employer? People either turn up to work and do what you're paying for, or they don't. Is a company supposed to offer more money / days off / random handjobs to an employee because he was once in the army?

If that's what happens in civvy street, I may just sign off on monday.

Latest Threads