Anyone know anyone with the surname "Garvey"!?

#1
It's just struck me, I don't know anyone with the surname "Garvey", yet ITV have seen fit to cast the two main N.C.O's in their two biggest military dramas of recent times with the same surname. Paddy Garvey (Soldier Soldier) and "Henno" Garvey (Ultimate Force)! Outrageous.

To add insult to umimaginative injury, they've both used the actor - Miles Anderson, to play the C.O for the respective Garveys. Poor drills.
 
#2
martin7606 said:
It's just struck me, I don't know anyone with the surname "Garvey", yet ITV have seen fit to cast the two main N.C.O's in their two biggest military dramas of recent times with the same surname. Paddy Garvey (Soldier Soldier) and "Henno" Garvey (Ultimate Force)! Outrageous.

To add insult to umimaginative injury, they've both used the actor - Miles Anderson, to play the C.O for the respective Garveys. Poor drills.
Famous medic called Groper Garvey.
 
#5
Spose you never considered thats *exactly* why they chose the name? ( or they are major Buzzcocks fans... )
 
#7
Bravo_Bravo said:
Spose you never considered thats *exactly* why they chose the name? ( or they are major Buzzcocks fans... )
Good point mate, I did think that, and you're probably right. I just couldnt see the point! when I think about it though there a number of actors who have had roles in both. Seeing as Soldier Soldier was what inspired me to join up I have an almost encyclopedic recollection of the mishcheivous antics of Tucker and Garvey. Almost as memorable as the sinking feeling when I realsied that life in the infantry wasnt going to be filled with such escapades and frivolity.
 
#11
When I met my wife her surname was Garvey, acquired through marrying some lowlife with the aforementioned surname. She elbowed him into touch a couple years before I met her after he went shagging out of watch

Happily surname now changed and her and her kids are happy to be part of the "Famine" Family
 

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#13
I knew a Wren called Garvey, good looker too, shame she was Scouse and had a lisp.
 
#14


Not sure about the TRF...
 
#16
There was a guy in the Catering Corp called Garvey everyone called him 'Lumpy'. Or was that his gravey?
 
#17
martin7606 said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
Spose you never considered thats *exactly* why they chose the name? ( or they are major Buzzcocks fans... )
Good point mate, I did think that, and you're probably right. I just couldnt see the point! when I think about it though there a number of actors who have had roles in both. Seeing as Soldier Soldier was what inspired me to join up I have an almost encyclopedic recollection of the mishcheivous antics of Tucker and Garvey. Almost as memorable as the sinking feeling when I realsied that life in the infantry wasnt going to be filled with such escapades and frivolity.
I recently watched an episode of Soldier Soldier whilst working out in denmark. It was the one where Paddy Parvey nicks a warrior when he's pyssed up and rags it around the barracks. I thought it was great but fcuk knows what the Danes and other foreigners thought about it!
 
#18
Ravers said:
I knew a Wren called Garvey, good looker too, shame she was Scouse and had a lisp.
No irony there looking at your Avatar, Ravers!!! :lol:
 

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#19
DavetheApe said:
Ravers said:
I knew a Wren called Garvey, good looker too, shame she was Scouse and had a lisp.
No irony there looking at your Avatar, Ravers!!! :lol:
Yeah she looked that when she tried to speak.





But with nicer tits.
 

Latest Threads