Anyone know anyone with the surname "Garvey"!?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by martin7606, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's just struck me, I don't know anyone with the surname "Garvey", yet ITV have seen fit to cast the two main N.C.O's in their two biggest military dramas of recent times with the same surname. Paddy Garvey (Soldier Soldier) and "Henno" Garvey (Ultimate Force)! Outrageous.

To add insult to umimaginative injury, they've both used the actor - Miles Anderson, to play the C.O for the respective Garveys. Poor drills.
  2. Famous medic called Groper Garvey.
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

yeah used to be a bloke at 30sigs
  4. It took a good four minutes to shoot that theory out of the water then, cheers and apologies.
  5. Spose you never considered thats *exactly* why they chose the name? ( or they are major Buzzcocks fans... )
  6. Yes, I know a family whose surname is Garvey
  7. Good point mate, I did think that, and you're probably right. I just couldnt see the point! when I think about it though there a number of actors who have had roles in both. Seeing as Soldier Soldier was what inspired me to join up I have an almost encyclopedic recollection of the mishcheivous antics of Tucker and Garvey. Almost as memorable as the sinking feeling when I realsied that life in the infantry wasnt going to be filled with such escapades and frivolity.
  8. Well I joined the Buzzcocks; how odd is that?
  9. A Court Martial scene in Soldier Soldier was filmed in my old unit bar. Fcuking sacrilege.
  10. Garvey - Womans Hour presenter. Used to be on Five Live at tea time
  11. When I met my wife her surname was Garvey, acquired through marrying some lowlife with the aforementioned surname. She elbowed him into touch a couple years before I met her after he went shagging out of watch

Happily surname now changed and her and her kids are happy to be part of the "Famine" Family
  12. Is that like the Adams family ?
  13. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I knew a Wren called Garvey, good looker too, shame she was Scouse and had a lisp.
  14. [​IMG]

Not sure about the TRF...
  15. Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Jr ?