Anyone joining the RLC to do their basic training 26th sept

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by padsbratTR1v, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm doing my basic on the the 26th of September and was wondering if there was anyone else going to Winchester to start basic at the same time?
    Cant wait exited and scared at the same time what a buzz

2. What trade you going for??

3. my trade is going to be a driver what are you in?

4. I am not RLC fella but i would try see if you could go in the stores or something different, probably end up doing a fair wack of driving as well to boot but not as likely to get fcuked around as much and i believe some trades are quicker promotion than driver.

5. Not wanting to deter you from going up the Driver trade route, but there are loads of other trades (like Spanner said) that require you to drive. This will mean that not only will you get the same Driving Licenses as a driver but youll also get another trade as well, two is better than one!!

6. Hope you like it chap. I work with another ex Bill Oddie in Civvy Strasse, we often compare training stories and have a good laugh. It might not seem funny at the time, but it will afterwards.