Anyone joining 5th Feb?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by stevemcgee06, Jan 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am just waiting for confirmation but I am joining on the 5th of Feburary as a CMT, I do my basic training in Aldershot? anyone here going to be there at the same time?
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Only your Phase 2, medical training at DSMTC, your basic, Phase 1 will be at ATR Winchester I believe! Make sure you turn up at the right place.

I certainly won't be there!
  3. Neither will I................5 MONTHS LEFT........HAVE I TOLD YOU THAT LATELY
  4. Steve,

As Ventress said, Phase 1 will be at ATR Winchester. Phase 2 will be based at the Defence Medical Services Training Centre, Keogh Barracks, Ash Vale, just outside Aldershot. For heaven's sake, don't turn up at the wrong one unless you wish to have the word "mong" tattooed on your forehead.

Until you've completed Phase 2, you technically have no right to call yourself a Combat Medical Technician. You will hold the rank of Private, and the status of Recruit (Phase 1) and Trainee (Phase 2).

You'll not find many recruits on these forums (not who post, anyway), but if you spend some time lurking, you'll learn a great deal. But you may wish to amend that username, as your instructors will be on here, too. And "Steve McGee" is already a marked man... ;)

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

A couple of times!

Have I told you I have no days left? :thumleft:
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

SMG06, you have got a letter from the ACIO, or whatever it is now with a rail warrant. Or atleast thats the way I got to Keogh.

(Before D-L adds it was being given a shilling, I am far to young for that!)
  7. they never had trains in your day Venty...........I heard you went to Keogh by horse & cart.......behind Boudicea
  8. Thanks for the replies guys, yea I realised that it was Winchester when I re-looked at my job brief, looking forward to joining, Cant wait to start training, is basic training hard? and what, if anyone has experience it, the c.m.t training like? thanks.

p.s yea and i agree with whoever said bad choice of username.
  9. Old git head on mine and Foxy's day it was hard, we had to march 35 miles for the snow mind with no shoes.......then march 35 miles back to be beat by our Company Corporals and then we had to work a 34 hour day...........drone, drone, old fart head off...........

It should be good but hard, do as your told, don't answer back and try to shaag as many women as you can whilst ignore that last one, you can do that at DMSTC....
  10. lol, can anyone highlight what the CMT training is like? i mean do you need to learn every vein in the body, how every organ functions etc? or is that going to deep? can anyone inlighten me on what I actually learn in cmt training?
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Steve, have you looked into the job at all?
  12. Well ive looked in as far as you can look in. The only information I can find is on my job brief, thats why im asking ?
  13. I thought that was the intructors remit?? :yawnstretch:
  14. No, its a wonderful, carefree experience where the instructors go to great length to make you feel valued as an individual. How many sugars do you want in you tea?