Anyone in York at the Weekend with 35/34/33 SR

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by kiloarmy, Mar 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone else think Comd 12 gp looks like Rodney Trotter and QM 34 was deffo DelBoy.

2. msr

msr LE

How was the exercise?

msr

3. Del boy ?? Our Q ??

Can't see it myself

4. Exercise was a huge success, over 350 TA signallers on the ground. The new 12 Sig Regt Group worked well. It was a long drive to and from the Ex area but good practise for later in the year.

5. what for?

6. 12 Sig Regt or 12 Sig Group?

Does Comd 12 say bonjour when he means goodbye?

7. Once we were all using the same KV's :thumright:

I'm assuming you are with 35 Kilo, What time did you get back to your TAC ?

8. Arrcade Falcon 07

9. Yes its a good idea if we all start with the same puzzle pces.
    Arrived back later than the norm for a sunday.

10. Get used to arriving back later than usual, last time i was out on a weekend didnt get home till 18:00

11. That's because you were in the pub and not out with TA ! :)

12. Interesting to see that some thought the exercise a great success. I think you will find a lot of the management/G4 elements found it boring and a total waste of time and effort. This new set up may allow us to mirror what a regular unit does bit it creates a large amount of redundancy.

13. I agree the G4 side was not tested or used to its full capacity. There should not be to much redundancy as the Gp regt concept still requires a lge G4 tail to support each OSC area. Its hard to test G4 on a 2 day Ex, annual camp will be much different when they will have fuel, rations etc to deliver and provide a service. Also on camp anyone who is not used in role will be part of the Opfor team, and this should be more interesting than manning a det.

14. How did the CNR workout? From what I can work out it should have mostly been newly grown class3s - wait for photo's in The Wire whenever they get around to submitting the article.

Polar69 - I doubt you guys even sent a rad det out knowing who your main operators are. How did you engineer? If it was KM from WR then jolly good show.

15. We had an FFR out with a single operator, you should have seen him when he emerged, blinking into the light after 24 hours on shift :)