OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That's very fast for a coach!

Stagecoach are from that part of the country.

When they started, on some sections of some routes, it was impossible for the drivers to stick to timetable unless they were well over the speed limit.

Slime

LE
Stagecoach are from that part of the country.

When they started, on some sections of some routes, it was impossible for the drivers to stick to timetable unless they were well over the speed limit.
Stagecoach have timetables? Who knew. I thought they only published a rough indication of their frequency without specifying the actual times.

Milked a few birch trees the sap on some trees is like drinking auger. Others water plus.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Milked a few birch trees the sap on some trees is like drinking auger. Others water plus.
Like drinking a wood drill or lager ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I know. I was being towed and the front wheel went down as I went round a corner. It flipped.

Looking into doing the Skye Trail this Summer - has anyone here done it before?

It doesn't seem very long (just 8 days), but the main concern I have is apparently certain parts are remote, so I wonder if it's worth investing in a sat phone or some other means of communication where you can call for help in the unlikely event something happens? Unless mobile coverage is similar to the Great Glenn Way, where even in the mountains above Loch Ness, I was able to get 4g coverage.

It would be good to hear from anyone here who has done the trail and if they think Sat Comms would be overkill or not.
Did a canoe trip in Sweden couple of years back,they drop you off and you paddle down for a couple/many days to a pre arranged pick up.Took the misses[think she enjoyed it] Didn't see a soul for 2 days and really enjoyed it myself. Weather has to be good for me these days though.!

Wold camping?
only for the proles, one camps proper in a Hymer on a serviced pitch.

Neighbor has a Hymer Rouge, no year zero yet but they do rod trips very rarely, it just sits there mostly waiting to be stolen by pikeys

Did a canoe trip in Sweden couple of years back,they drop you off and you paddle down for a couple/many days to a pre arranged pick up.Took the misses[think she enjoyed it] Didn't see a soul for 2 days and really enjoyed it myself. Weather has to be good for me these days though.!
Last year when doing the Great Glenn Way, we met a guy who was completing the canoe/water route using an inflatable kayak (I wasn’t convinced that would be safe, but apparently this model could cope with being run over by a Land Rover). I’d love to take part in something like - walking alongside a misty Loch Ness was incredible, so can only imagine that’s magnified if you’re paddling on it.

Neighbor has a Hymer Rouge, no year zero yet but they do rod trips very rarely, it just sits there mostly waiting to be stolen by pikeys

I know glamping is for some people, but wild camping is all about the hiking for me. Can’t imagine spending two weeks living in a truck and just driving from place to place.

I know glamping is for some people, but wild camping is all about the hiking for me. Can’t imagine spending two weeks living in a truck and just driving from place to place.

My missus thinks glamping is using a tent, me I don't mind a bothy it's just the thought of sharing a place with strangers that puts me off

It's about solitude away from people as much as the camping, otherwise it doesn't feel like wild camping to me

Serpico

War Hero
Love a bit of wild camping tbh, the solitude whilst surrounded by beautiful nature, the boshing together of rat packs and tabasco over a sh*te wee stove, crapping in a hole you just dug, the pure self reliance of it all. Great fun, and you never get woken at 2am to go on stag, even better

Best trips so far have been in Bonnie Scotland, and Norway. Planning to do the Faroe Islands sometime in such a manner, bizarrely

Love a bit of wild camping tbh, the solitude whilst surrounded by beautiful nature, the boshing together of rat packs and tabasco over a sh*te wee stove, crapping in a hole you just dug, the pure self reliance of it all. Great fun, and you never get woken at 2am to go on stag, even better

Best trips so far have been in Bonnie Scotland, and Norway. Planning to do the Faroe Islands sometime in such a manner, bizarrely
I understand that the Faroe Islands only permit camping in designated campsites. No wild-camping allowed.

Latest Threads