Anyone in to Wild Camping

I slept in a trampoline this week! Family barbecue, a few (!) beers, then woke up in the garden. Wife not tremendously impressed....
From now on your war name is. TIGGER as that's what tiggers do. Bounce

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
For some reason, I have spent a little time in the middle of urban roundabouts for work. If they have dense foliage, nobody else ever goes near them and I've had serious thoughts about bivvying unnoticed.

For some reason, I have spent a little time in the middle of urban roundabouts for work. If they have dense foliage, nobody else ever goes near them and I've had serious thoughts about bivvying unnoticed.
The second you do I bet someone reports it.

Having never driven a car what's the law on parking a tarp or hammock on top of the motorway bank ?

You won't get a good night's sleep. Apart from the noise, you'll spend half the night dragging yourself from under the cars that fail to make the turn.

I would say it is very, very rare, but I have seen vehicles have collisions or drivers loose control and go straight into roundabouts (one memorable one the driver was so drunk they failed to spot the marked car I was in on the overtake, noted us and then lost control and stacked into the roundabout and bushes - fortunately late at night and no injuries sustained, and I arrested him).

Just a suggestion to bivvy behind some cover with proper stopping power.

I would say it is very, very rare, but I have seen vehicles have collisions or drivers loose control and go straight into roundabouts (one memorable one the driver was so drunk they failed to spot the marked car I was in on the overtake, noted us and then lost control and stacked into the roundabout and bushes - fortunately late at night and no injuries sustained, and I arrested him).

It's a regular occurrence at the Broxden roundabout at the end of the M90 on the outskirts of Perth.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Having never driven a car what's the law on parking a tarp or hammock on top of the motorway bank ?
Never driven a car ?

In that case thou must be on thy guard for footpads and other varlets.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

I was thinking BFO trees myself?

Cdaa.gif

Slime

LE
You won't get a good night's sleep. Apart from the noise, you'll spend half the night dragging yourself from under the cars that fail to make the turn.

That was my thought too.

Ive looked at roundabouts quite a bit, but am always reminded of just how many cars I’ve seen smashed right into the middle.

You might meet this chap.

A word of advice - don't rely on the chevrons to stop an errant driver. The posts supporting them are designed to snap if struck by a car.

That was my thought too.

Ive looked at roundabouts quite a bit, but am always reminded of just how many cars I’ve seen smashed right into the middle.

You might meet this chap.
That would be Ok, he seemed to completely clear the roundabout.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I did buy a 3 wheeled van I crashed it within 10 mins. I have never tried again
Did you buy a van with three wheels or a van designed to be driven with three wheels ?

Latest Threads