Anyone in to Wild Camping

The one food I did find in abundance was reed tubers. Roasted they're just about edible but the preference spruce tea was a godsend

Daz

LE

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Only to those who drink turmeric tea ;)

Should I go for the turmeric active or the one with star anise?
16176252322868194548785119105139.jpg

With wild camping your worst enemy is filling time.
I don't have that problem. For me, wild/stealth camping is what I do at the end of my walking day.
Arrive late and leave early. LNT. By the time I've pitched, made some scoff, done my personal admin, I'm ready for kip.
I do have a camper van, but it is impractical for long distance treks.

Daz

LE
With wild camping your worst enemy is filling time. With me it's making fire in different ways. Making charcloth. Fishing or finding " wild food." But doing it with the bare minimum. The best I ever did was 39 hours with just a knife. Not long by your standards. But I was well pleased with myself

I only ever multi-day hike and wild camp, so that's how I prefer to fill my time. Then you literally only camp to get your head down.

Foraging for food. One lesson I always remembered.

Parsley doesn't dip its toes in the water, Hemlock does.

Hemlock_Water_Dropwort._Oenathe_crocata._Umbelliferae_-_Flickr_-_gailhampshire.jpg

The one you were thinking about? The most toxic plant on our Island apparently.

I've taken loads of calculated risks in my life, but messing around with plants and fungi isn't one of them.

Slime

LE
Wild camping reading :)
I’ve mentioned the book on the left before, but both these books are pretty cheap, but have some interesting content.
How to shit in the woods seems ever popular and has some amusing dit’s told within the pages :)
l
F0C33C64-4AAC-4B74-B01A-22C2666E8054.jpeg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I must admit that on every camping trip I always carry a couple of paperback books with me as I am an avid reader. I also have my tabet wth Kindle book reader and have upwards of 100 books downloaded at any time and movies downloaded on Amazon Prime which some might see as an extravagence but I have had too many times when I have been rained in or wide awake in the middle of the night to NOT carry such items.
Try having a tug.

Wild camping reading :)
I’ve mentioned the book on the left before, but both these books are pretty cheap, but have some interesting content.
How to shit in the woods seems ever popular and has some amusing dit’s told within the pages :)
lView attachment 562937

I wanted to help with an Annex "How to shit in the desert".

Starting with, time it for the night time.

Hemlock_Water_Dropwort._Oenathe_crocata._Umbelliferae_-_Flickr_-_gailhampshire.jpg

I've taken loads of calculated risks in my life, but messing around with plants and fungi isn't one of them.
Same here. Unless I can 100% positively identify it as safe, it gets left. Even a tiny, teeny weeny bit of doubt, it gets left.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I wanted to help with an Annex "How to shit in the desert".

Starting with, time it for the night time.
Anthony Quayle indicated you needed a radio with, but Kate Adie might be able to give some pointers - if she's been eating right.

Last edited:

Wild garlic is pretty easy to spot though, the stench gives it away

Latest Threads