Anyone in to Wild Camping

The walking isn’t really a problem. It hurts but I can get around. I made it up there with the kids the other day with no snags. Got a couple of ski poles if the worst comes to the worst.

It’s absolute agony at night. I need a bit of space to move around. Not really doable in a sleeping bag.

Saturday looks like the next clear night. Fingers crossed it’ll have sorted itself by then. Bergen is packed and ready to go.

Have a read on red light therapy. Used one on my knee and I like t think it helped.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Being a basha n bivvy man the only problem is miges

It works - even the best sealed tent with mesh won't keep out the ones that get in when you do, i've slept under a tarp in Kielder in August with nothing but that stuff and a maggot between me & the midges - got a few bites but certainly not into double figures.
The only other stuff i've used is the yank repellent (insects, not yanks) which works well but feels 'chemically' on your skin.

It works - even the best sealed tent with mesh won't keep out the ones that get in when you do, i've slept under a tarp in Kielder in August with nothing but that stuff and a maggot between me & the midges - got a few bites but certainly not into double figures.
The only other stuff i've used is the yank repellent (insects, not yanks) which works well but feels 'chemically' on your skin.
This stuff is recommended by some jocks I know. Wish I'd bought it before my last trip, the little ******* weren't too bad but it got very itchy a few days later. The company do a midge forecast which I've found quite accurate - Midge Forecast - Smidge

3js9N3qO87m1yYu_6VguE9rKLhIwkZVflabY5xrjT0O7G9T2eJSI92cEYB1Sh6dJ8PupVjEf5-wKzmgMneP36GGgweWGGeHkH22J1_J0Ng0lE9hclbDaPXTcYgdF74JOltuPlDtI_jJR

This stuff is recommended by some jocks I know. Wish I'd bought it before my last trip, the little ******* weren't too bad but it got very itchy a few days later. The company do a midge forecast which I've found quite accurate - Midge Forecast - Smidge

3js9N3qO87m1yYu_6VguE9rKLhIwkZVflabY5xrjT0O7G9T2eJSI92cEYB1Sh6dJ8PupVjEf5-wKzmgMneP36GGgweWGGeHkH22J1_J0Ng0lE9hclbDaPXTcYgdF74JOltuPlDtI_jJR
For keeping midges out of tents - on my next trip we plan to see if burning an incense stick in the tent, whilst we set up the rest of camp will keep them away. I suspect it probably will.

I use that as well - good stuff.

OK. Which one of you was it?

I can understand (just) somebody not being aware of cliff erosion but that tent was just asking for a gust of wind to take it over the edge.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/anyone-in-to-wild-camping.296747/post-10619292
This looks like your answer: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/hill-walking-stupidity.286804/page-100#post-10620461

I've loaded up a kayak & got in to the Thames at letchlade , headed up stream and spent a night on the river bank around wellford. you can paddle up past cricklade, water hay, and Ashton Keynes until the river gets too small. Going the other way depending on conditions takes About 7 hours more if you stop at the pub at castle eaton. Catch American Cray fish and have a little fire .a telescopic fishing rod adds to the fun .

Slime

LE
Okay which of you muppets was on the Whitby to coastal path heading North

View attachment 553085

If we look at this photo which of these scenarios is worse?

A camper too lazy to walk far from the coastal path to pitch camp.

Or,

a camper walking along the beach who pitched their tent as high above the incoming tide as possible, for safety.

:)

wheel

LE
If we look at this photo which of these scenarios is worse?

A camper too lazy to walk far from the coastal path to pitch camp.

Or,

a camper walking along the beach who pitched their tent as high above the incoming tide as possible, for safety.

:)
Or he,s a Cnut

He might have pitched the tent in the upper Palaeolithic era and been well inland but overslept and the coast eroded up to his tent flaps.

With regards too clothing, warm(er) weather and midges.

Any recommendations on long sleeved tops, that won't smell after 24hrs?

SK

With regards too clothing, warm(er) weather and midges.

Any recommendations on long sleeved tops, that won't smell after 24hrs?

SK
Thinner Merino stuff.

Montane do a Primino mix of different weights.

Check out Icebreaker and Armadillo.

Latest Threads