Anyone in SFA In Lulworth - Vale Road?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by POM_HERO, Mar 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright gents, I was just wondering if anyone is or has been in SFA in West Lulworth, namely Vale Rd.

Mrs POM and I have just been allocated an address but as they're Grade 4 we wanted to find out if the houses are ok and the grading is just because it's in the arrse end of nowhere!

Before someone says "go and look for yourself", we're in Germany right now and that's one hell of a taxi fare...

Cheers!

2. Go and look for yourself.

Vale road, West Lulworth - Google Maps

Vale road, West Lulworth - Google Maps

Gives you an idea of the style (or lack of) anyway. Google camera van hasn't been down Vale road but you can move down the B3070 on the first link and look over the hedge! :)

Also have a look at Bovington - PatchPedia

3. I knew someone would say it...........

Cheers for the PatchPedia link, not seen that one before.

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

At least it's the nice arrse end of nowhere.

5. The mice and rats are friendly, and its a nice view in the morning,do the Gypos still pull up for the weekends there????

6. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

And handy for the beach in the summer

7. And the pubs down the hill, getting back up is a bugger though, managed to squeeze 9 into and on a mini one night.

Enjoy a nice posting.

8. ...and it's a bit noisy at times.

Summat to do wi' Brit Army firing guns down t'road!

Lits

9. Lots of people go on holiday to Lulworth ! , its a long way from anywhere else but the scenery and nearby beach takes some beating .

10. Thanks for the info gents, my Google recce already showed the pub so I'm well happy with that!

11. Spent many a happy hour/day in the Castle - fond memories. In respect of noise I believe that they don't use they don't fire much from Bravo any longer. I do recall living in a mobile across the road and the spectacular night shoots. Downside re-arranging door frames to fit!!!!

D