Anyone in a west midlands unit?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jase31, Jan 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking to find out some more on the TA - and hopefully join.

Anyone in any of the West Mids units (pos any west of birmingham)? How do you rate your unit? i.e recommend or not!
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Looking to join 4 mercian in stoke wondering if any one knew how long your details get processed in glasgow ?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using ARRSE mobile app
  4. Is Cannock east or west of Birmingham?

There is a TA RMP unit there, Ill probably get a bit of a ribbing for saying this but there are a fair few good blokes there and the training is relatively interesting.
  5. As far as I am aware cannock is near Birmingham. The RMP (V) in cannock are not a bad bunch.
  6. One who can tell the difference between North East and West? I wasn't cut out for the TA but as individuals that unit is quite welcoming to newcomers.
  7. I take it that map reading was never a your strong suit!!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. At the risk of going of topic, Map reading is one of my strong suits I just don't know the area of Birmingham very well and I do not have a map to hand.

Fitness was what really let me down, I didn't get chance to rectify that though after some events unfurled. I transferred into the TA RMP from a different unit which had its main emphasis on a decent bottle of claret and the occasional VB exercise. Fitness was not high on the agenda and that was evident when I transferred.