Anyone in a west midlands unit?

Looking to find out some more on the TA - and hopefully join.

Anyone in any of the West Mids units (pos any west of birmingham)? How do you rate your unit? i.e recommend or not!

Looking to join 4 mercian in stoke wondering if any one knew how long your details get processed in glasgow ?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using ARRSE mobile app

Is Cannock east or west of Birmingham?

There is a TA RMP unit there, Ill probably get a bit of a ribbing for saying this but there are a fair few good blokes there and the training is relatively interesting.

One who can tell the difference between North East and West? I wasn't cut out for the TA but as individuals that unit is quite welcoming to newcomers.

I take it that map reading was never a your strong suit!!
At the risk of going of topic, Map reading is one of my strong suits I just don't know the area of Birmingham very well and I do not have a map to hand.

Fitness was what really let me down, I didn't get chance to rectify that though after some events unfurled. I transferred into the TA RMP from a different unit which had its main emphasis on a decent bottle of claret and the occasional VB exercise. Fitness was not high on the agenda and that was evident when I transferred.