Anyone identify the unit...?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by SNLR86, Feb 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying to trace an ex-regular who probably passed on years ago, but it's a favour for somebody, so...

The individual concerned was Royal Signals, known to have been at a unit in or near Newark during the second half of 1960 and possibly into 1961, before being posted to Berlin.

So, I'm relying on the collective wisdom of ARRSE: anyone able to identify the Newark unit from that, which is all I have to go on?

I've already tried the RSA, but to no avail.

In a perfect world, you would not only know the unit, but served there alongside Brian James Kelly and know what happened to him!

Fingers crossed ... and, of course, many thanks.

2. Google: Royal Signals Forum, or Royal Signals Fellowship or words to that effect, something is bound to crop up.

3. Thanks, but not really - "Enquirers must provide a letter of consent, signed by the person to whom the records relate." Bit difficult, if the purpose of the enquiry is to trace somebody...

4. Not R. Sigs or RHQ but used to live just down the road from Newark. The only MOD place I can think it could've been is the old stores depot (long gone and now caravan sales place) just off the A1/A46. Not sure if that helps at all ?

5. They can provide you with the name of a department that can look for you, I have done it myself, it cost's though

6. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Thanks!

7. When I enquired in around 2006 it was £17 an hour for this agency to search service records....Good Luck anyway.