Anyone ID this badge?

My mate has found this badge type thing whilst out with the metal detector can anyone ID it? I'm assuming it's medical I've asked him to get a better full sized pic of it

603507_10151103213573913_1621898684_n.jpg

I'm not sure if it's something like below?
off_insig.jpg

I have a statue of "Jimmy" that has a detachable Caddues that is very similar to this one.

If the lead soldier was dug up as well, that can be dated to the early 1930's. I only know that because my Grandfather had an identical set when he was a kid. Might help to date the rest of the find. Are the coins not dated?

P

PrinceAlbert

No but it seems you have one for a brain
You're right. But I have the patience of a saint.

You admit that the photo is shit, and you're waiting for a better one. Why didn't you wait a little longer and start this thread when you got a photo that hasn't been taken with an oxo cube?

I`m erring towards Roman, the coin on the top left has what could be a Roman head on it, might be worth trying to date that. The tin soldier might be a red herring.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The more I look at it the more I think, Roman Caduceus. Got any context for it, or any details on the coins?
Glad you said that - it looks very similar to bronze jewellery in my local museum, all of which has impeccable Roman credentials. I can't work out whether the coin at the top is possibly Roman or just a badly bashed and discoloured piece of yank currency. If the photo hadn't been taken with a Box Brownie, it might have been possible to be more helpful.

Here's a photo of the sort of thing I'm talking about:

Attachments

I`m erring towards Roman, the coin on the top left has what could be a Roman head on it, might be worth trying to date that. The tin soldier might be a red herring.

No, the tin soldier is a tin soldier. The camera was a herring. But you could be right on the coin. The head looks like Diocletian, the Emperor who brought us Op Grapple.

I can't work out whether the coin at the top is possibly Roman or just a badly bashed and discoloured piece of yank currency.
Judging from their relative sizes, I'd guess 1d, 3d, 6d and farthing. And if the 3d is indeed a twelve-sided version, that narrows the age down quite considerably. That could be QE2 on the penny.