Anyone ID this badge?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by brettarider, Aug 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

My mate has found this badge type thing whilst out with the metal detector can anyone ID it? I'm assuming it's medical I've asked him to get a better full sized pic of it

603507_10151103213573913_1621898684_n.jpg

I'm not sure if it's something like below?
    off_insig.jpg

2. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

No it's totally different look at the coils for a start not sure if it's even US

3. Potentially silly question but is the lead soldier for scale or part of the find?

4. It looks hand made and not mass produced.

A bit of stretch possibly but the Legions had a medical corps.

5. Do you have a photo that hasn't been taken with a potato?

• Like Like x 3
  6. I have a statue of "Jimmy" that has a detachable Caddues that is very similar to this one.

7. If the lead soldier was dug up as well, that can be dated to the early 1930's. I only know that because my Grandfather had an identical set when he was a kid. Might help to date the rest of the find. Are the coins not dated?

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

I think that's just part of the find

Read my post first time round

9. I did.

Do you have a photo that hasn't been taken with a blancmange?

10. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

No but it seems you have one for a brain anything useful to add to the thread or you just being a trolling bellend as usual?

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

The more I look at it the more I think, Roman Caduceus. Got any context for it, or any details on the coins?

• Like Like x 1
  12. You're right. But I have the patience of a saint.

You admit that the photo is shit, and you're waiting for a better one. Why didn't you wait a little longer and start this thread when you got a photo that hasn't been taken with an oxo cube?

• Like Like x 1
  13. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

The simple fact that someone might know what it is/era it's from managed to ID badges/stuff from pics 1000x worse

14. I`m erring towards Roman, the coin on the top left has what could be a Roman head on it, might be worth trying to date that. The tin soldier might be a red herring.