Anyone here work in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BFG 9000, Aug 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More specifically in Disclosures?

I put in a request 130 days ago, which is a little over the 40 days stated in the guidelines.
    Still heard nothing.
    Emails are going unanswered.......

2. No sorry mate nowhere near Glasgow, but my 90 year old Aunt Doris lives in Station Rd, she may be able to pass a message on for you, thats if she can get on the bus at her age and get out out her wheelchair. But hey, you might have more success using her, than trying to contact disclosures.
  3. I'm guessing that this is a common problem then?
  4. Was it FOI or DPA, either way write to either the Information or data Commissioner and drop them in the smelly brown stuff from a greeeeeat height.
  5. If it was FOI, there should be a FOI disclosure officer at your establishment.

If you are after something from another place, they should have one too and have done something within 40 days as you say.

I have had to deal with one of these recently so PM me if you want more info.
  6. It's covered by the DPA.
    I'm astounded by how amaturish the whole department appears to be run.

The email address quoted on the above page for example, you'd be forgiven for expecting it to be a ' ' address or something similar.
    What is it I hear you cry? - ' ' no less.

7. Did you formally stae that it was an SAR (Subject Access Request) there is a set form your DPO will have one.
  8. The subject of the emails has been :-

I had some communication back in April - request for fax of driving licence (had confirmation of reciept).

I've just been reading a pdf on the guidelines for this & I appear to have a valid cause to appeal.
    Does anyone have any contact details for the Information Access Team?