Anyone have photos of the inside of a Lynx?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Coldisthesea, Sep 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there. I'm doing a project for one of ARRSE's "World Famous Quality Published Authors" (whose initials are "A" and "S") and I could use some help with photo reference.

I've been Googling my eyes raw, and I can't find any photos of the interior of a (1970's) Lynx helicopter. I've found plenty of cockpit photos, but for the life of me, I can't find what the cabin looks like.

Can anyone help?

2. Noticed your location, so a trip to the Helicopter museum at Weston-super-Mare is unlikely. You could try contacting them, some kind soul might even take a few pics and e-mail them to you?
  3. Good call. I'll get in touch with them. Thanks for the advice!
  4. Here ya go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cold, have a look at the XZ 666 thread on the aviation forum, you'll get the idea from the pics of the models on there. As for an idea of the cabin layout, nothings really changed since the Mk1's where in service, same rear 3-man seat, same 6-man seat. Can get a bit tight in there when you've got ferry tanks and a certain weapons system fitted, but there's only one unit I'm aware of that regularly fits them.
  6. Thanks!