Anyone got at least £60 Million to Spare?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Less than a quid each per head for the UK population ?,it will always belong to "us" so Ive no problem so long as its built in Devonport.

Why cant she have one of the aircraft carriers?

Taking her knowledge of all things nautical as a given, Captain (Emsav) Pugwash could be the commissioned architect, boatyard owner, builder, final fit out and sea trial manager, launch party director, 1st choice Captain and fucking Sea Lord.

She's probably best bezzers with the Queen, so I think it'll be a shoe in.

G

goatrutar

Fuck it I'll drive the bloody thing. How hard can it be? Which way does the pointy bit go?

I think it's a brilliant idea, I count every penny twice and tighten my belt but hey, why shouldn't our Royals whoop it up at my expense?

That said, with the standards of seamanship currently being displayed by the RN and by our salty Italian allies. It might be a good way to reduce the civil list commitments at a stroke.

G

goatrutar

Just remember, when approaching another vessel, you keep to the right, er, the left, er, or something. How hard's that?
I thought Brittania ruled the waves? Ergo I could drive on whatever side I felt like.
I'd fit one of those big shooty cannon things the navy likes so much.

I'm no expert on Naval construction, but 60 mil does sound like doing a royal yacht on the cheap. If I recall, Abramovich has a pricier one than that and he's not a patch on Her Maj.

However, it is weird how they want to cut all public spending but a massive yacht, and subsequent upkeep and running costs, are somehow ok.

They could spend that cash on any number of other things that are of more use to the country at large and make use of UK manufacturing. Some trains for that fancy line they're opening, some snowplows we'll NEVER need (until the next 'unusually hard winter'), any number of things.

But, if it's all thats on the table, I'll take it provided the jobs created/sustained are in the UK.

I'm no expert on Naval construction, but 60 mil does sound like doing a royal yacht on the cheap. If I recall, Abramovich has a pricier one than that and he's not a patch on Her Maj.

However, it is weird how they want to cut all public spending but a massive yacht, and subsequent upkeep and running costs, are somehow ok.

They could spend that cash on any number of other things that are of more use to the country at large and make use of UK manufacturing. Some trains for that fancy line they're opening, some snowplows we'll NEVER need (until the next 'unusually hard winter'), any number of things.

But, if it's all thats on the table, I'll take it provided the jobs created/sustained are in the UK.
Come on ZerO with all the money we here will be saving on Scotland fending for its self we will need something to spend it on.

But it makes my point. If Her Maj turns up in an aircraft carrier, how cool is that? and we have one that is going to be in mothballs anyway.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
shamelessly stolen from Twitter. But it made me laugh.

"reelmolesworthnigel molesworth

sir seek apropriate names for #TheGoveBoat. monstruse bolshevik molesworth 2 sugest HMS Night Boat To GIRO"

Taking her knowledge of all things nautical as a given, Captain (Emsav) Pugwash could be the commissioned architect, boatyard owner, builder, final fit out and sea trial manager, launch party director, 1st choice Captain and fucking Sea Lord.
You left out 'Singing "I want to be free" at the official launch ceremony'. Er, I mean "Thinging..."

The education secretary writes: "In spite, and perhaps because of the austere times, the celebration should go beyond those of previous jubilees and mark the greater achievement that the diamond anniversary represents."
so because we have no money, we should spunk £60M(which is a bit of a conservative estimate, boom boom) on something we dont need.

thats some great outside the box thinking there Mike.