Anyone got any contacts with hiring a London Bus with a bar?

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by MAD_FERRET, Mar 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good afternoon all.

Yes, l know google exists with reference to my question, however has any of you hired a London Bus with Bar for a function, rather than trawl through optimistic quotes on Google l thought it better to go for the experience.

I hired one in Germany a few years ago, and it went down well so now looking at a similar thing.

The bus would be static (parked up), with functioning bar for an outside phase of the Summer Ball (with other ents on offer)

Whilst l'm on the subject, and to save more trawls and another post, anyone got any good agencies they have worked with (UK only)? I used Starfire in DE, which IMHO where pretty good. Unsure if they operate in UK.

Cheers in advance

REgards

2. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

I think wells598 may be able to help, he offered me the services of a London bus a few months back.

3. Home

We hired one direct from London Transport in 1995 to take our wedding guests from Clapham to the Lanesborough, but they didn't allow drinking on board.

4. I can get you a Bielefeld tram, if that's any help..........?

5. Some years ago I hired a London bus to go on day trips to Bologne. It's easy enough if you approach one of the companies (LT as such is no more) but they don't come with a bar. None of them.

6. Why a bus, a boat would be better? As long as it isn't the Marchioness!

7. As far as I know it's illegal to even have alcohol on public transport mate. Privately hired or otherwise. There are companies out there that possess ex London Transport Buses, and they probably don't operate under the same rules. But hiring a bus from London Transport for a piss up onboard is a no no.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

8. Could I have a pint of whatever you have been drinking please.

9. **** off