Anyone got an old style Arktis waterbottle pouch?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BBear, Mar 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Just wondering if anyone has an old style arktis waterbottle pouch? Or knows where to get one from?

It's the one where the clips are black and it has three poppers on either side for clipping onto other bits of webbing.

Cheers guys!
  2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Think I may have one up in the attic,I'll look later.
    I take it you're on about the old green webbing thats now given to cadets,IIR Issued around 91?
  3. I doubt thats the one hes on about spike. Arktis has never been issued so i doubt it would be given to cadets just like that.

4. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Cheers spike!

Erm, I'm not sure that's the right one - it would be DPM, with just a belt loop to keep it on the belt. I don't think they were ever issued, as gibboe says.

I'll see if i can find a pic on the net
  5. I had a set of this in about 1990. Gave it to a mate when I left. I recall there was nothing to stop the pouches sliding along the belt so that the first time you took it off you found yourself holding two yoke straps with ammunition pouches attached whilst everything else dangled round your arrse! The second time you'd learned to tie them on with paracord. :)

Not sure if they fastened pouch to pouch with presstuds. Perhaps that was a refinement to correct this problem.
  6. Ive got a set of arktis webbing now and its just like you describe it BBear (with press-studs etc but it has green clips, not black) but this is the new version. So i think that the older version which you are looking for does not have the studs.

7. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

You're right, the older ones didnt have studs, but my other ones do. Its weird, it's like they're a half way house between the two.

Dont the new ones only have one popper?
  8. nop, they have three and the ammo pouches have 2.

9. I got a spare pouch like you describe, not sure if it's Arktis, but you're more than welcome to have it, message me your address
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I'll dig it out & post a pic of it.If anyone wants it,it' yours.
  11. I have a set of three pouches. DPM, fastex clips and brass press studs to hold them together. They fit on to the belt via a loop. Used them for years, I got them from SASS. (And I'm keeping them).