Anyone got an idea what the Frogs have done to their Berets?

These BFO berets are a tradition in the alpine mountain troops in the French Army. Must save a fortune cos they can shelter the whole Regiment under one beret! What a shite tradition! Between themselves they call these things "tartes" and are quite proud of them!

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks like they got Diehards Mrs to shape them.
You beat me to it then

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I've even edited in a link :)
I'm gonna get it on the neck now

I saw a photo of you on your mantlepiece looking a whole lot like that.
There are no pictures of me wearing a beret anywhere in my gaff :) In fact there are very few pictures of me in uniform except Sqn/Reg pics, and I'm hard to recognise in any of those.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We are in absolutely no fucking position to take the piss out of other country's military headgear when we have all those different wanky Scottish hats, bearskins and fusilier berets with massive fucking feathers in them.

Gay.

M

Mark The Convict

At least the slouch hat keeps the sun and rain off. In every other respect it's a PITA.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
and what about those upturned pie dishes the Navy wear on their heads?
Traditional sailor hat worn in one form or another by pretty much every navy on earth.

There is no excuse for those Pom Pom clown hats the jocks wear.

When US forces changed to the beret, and thank God I'm out, the only place they could find to supply them was China, FFS! A Chinese beret. I thought I was going to puke.

I wonder if those have been tested for lead content. They seems to like adding lead to everything they export.

RAVERS: Was spot on. WTF good is a beret other then to hold the badge? Possibly to prevent bald head sunburn, but that's why we have stuff available from the chemist.

Latest Threads