Anyone got a decent lunchtime venue in London?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Couldn't think where else to post this. In London on 4th for a few days for the counter terror expo at Olympia.

Can anyone recommend somewhere with good grub and drink? Something a bit more business orientated but with a fucking good drinks selection.

I was going to go the Big Easy in Chelsea for lobster and prosecco but it seems to have got a bit naff of late.

Mucho cheers.

Couldn't think where else to post this. In London on 4th for a few days for the counter terror expo at Olympia.

Can anyone recommend somewhere with good grub and drink? Something a bit more business orientated but with a ******* good drinks selection.

I was going to go the Big Easy in Chelsea for lobster and prosecco but it seems to have got a bit naff of late.

Mucho cheers.
@Joker62 is your man.

You're a Glaswegian. How about a shop doorway on Tottenham Court Road?
What is the going rate for a cup of tea in London these days guv?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Where are you going to be based?

Can anyone recommend somewhere with good grub and drink? Something a bit more business orientated but with a ******* good drinks selection.

Mucho cheers.
If the weather is half decent I’d use this place (link). It’s only a stroll from Olympia, has decent outside seating on a lovely square just off Ken High Street, good food at a reasonable price, and has London Pride. The only downside is that Piers Morgan was on an adjacent table on a visit at the back end of last year but I haven’t seen him there since, so you may be safe.

If the weather’s shit the inside is good but it can get a bit busy.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Where are you going to be based?
London Olympia, pretty much right beside it. Willing to travel a bit but ideally something I can stagger back from.

Mucho cheers.
The Fat Bear is good; small, above a pub and near st Pauls, southern US food.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
If you like Mediterranean food
this is the place to visit, a short walk from the bus and train station,and opposite the Firm
excellent food and always a pleasure to eat there
( there is a gay club just a few arches away if you are into bondage and climbing into suitcases !!)

Madeira London

Rules. There are plenty of places that are perfectly fine. Some places are great. And there is Rules.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Rules. There are plenty of places that are perfectly fine. Some places are great. And there is Rules.
Haud the bus, that looks spot on. Reminds me of my days at the Reform Club.

Before they started putting a lock on their bins.

Haud the bus, that looks spot on. Reminds me of my days at the Reform Club.

Before they started putting a lock on their bins.
Yep. Steak and kidney pudding that'll stick to your ribs, great game and beef that tastes like beef should. It's like Simpsons but the prices are still in touch with reality.

Have a cocktail before you eat. I can't recommend a Montgomery highly enough.

The other posters are assuming you are not penny pinching or receipt registering to avoid wasting any money well spent in The Salsbury….instead.

Mucho cheers.
I saw the thread title and immediately thought Big Easy Kings Road (they also have restaurants in Covent Garden and Canary Wharf now). I have not been since they did the refurb but we have always left there stuffed and happy.