anyone going pre-selection on thursday?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by fellez08, Apr 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just wondering if anyone is going pre-selection at stafford??
    thought i would ask so i know someone when i get there :D.
    thanks

2. Pre-selection?

Is that like one of them things your AFCO does?

Enjoy

3. Went there and did pre-selection not long back at stafford if you wanna know anything. Do you go to the recruiting office in Wolverhampton?

4. Pre-Selection? Oh shit, I'm gonna have to do that am I? I've been waiting long enough :s

5. You don't have to. It's optional but it gives you a good indication of how well you'll do at selection, especially with the run time and jerry can walk.

6. yes mate. did you?
    And what happens at the pre-selection?
    Is it easyer than what you expect?

7. It is what it is really. You listen to the corporal talk, watch the selection DVD then do the Jerry can walk, heaves and 1.5 mile run.

Whos your recruiting sgt by the way? (If your at Wolvo)

8. You don't have to do Pre Selection I can confirm lol.. don't worry.

Wish I was though, don't feel too ready, but I suppose that's natural.

9. my recruting sgt is sgt woolie i think thats how you spell it?
    do you have to do the ice breaker because this is what im worried about :oops:

10. Yeah you do have to do it. I was worried about it aswell but it's not that bad everyones in the same situation as you. Just talk to everybody in your group on your way to get the train and the icebreaker won't be that bad. The lads I was with were a laugh so it wasn't so bad. You get a sheet infront of you to help you talk about stuff on the icebreaker

11. cheers for the advice m8
    ill tell u how it goes

12. i got my pre-selection on the 30th :D cant wait :D

13. How did you get on fellez

14. brilliant mate
    came first in the run with a time of 8:59 which smashed my previouse record of 10:9
    im hoping for paras now
    fellez

15. 8:59? Sheesh mate, that's a vast improvement on your previous personal best I'd say...
    What were you on, an adrenaline drip? :D