Anyone from Tobruk Pl circa 1988/89

QManWpns

Old-Salt
Know exactly who youre on about, one of 2 stick men, the others initials were SN I believe. I remember DP placing mozzy repellant on my tongue as I got his brew requirements wrong.Ahh they were the days.

The Colonel said:
QMan, the other 'stick man' was DM - a footballer.

Correct Colonel. Those two were both the REME RD screws in my platoon. Good blokes if you weren't a biff, evil personified if you were. Thankfully I fell in to the former, purely on my fitness, as I was a biff at everything else! Not enough of a biff to get REME award for endevour mind. So back to the original question. Now that we have established his ID, anyone in touch with him and can they find out what the saying meant.

QManWpns said:
Know exactly who youre on about, one of 2 stick men, the others initials were SN I believe. I remember DP placing mozzy repellant on my tongue as I got his brew requirements wrong.Ahh they were the days.

I seem to remember if making DP a brew, you had to put a tiny bit of cold water in first before pouring in the hot water!

paul2005

Old-Salt
Do you remember the big Cpl of African origin (Cpl K I think it was), as a crow he used to sh1t me up every time I saw him. I was Rhine 12, I heard a rumour that our Pl Sgt topped himself anyone know anything on this.
O and sorry never heard any mention while I was there on the original post. But, I've woke up with a few from the Sin Bin.

Soldier1(UK) said:
Do you remember the big Cpl of African origin (Cpl K I think it was), as a crow he used to sh1t me up every time I saw him. I was Rhine 12, I heard a rumour that our Pl Sgt topped himself anyone know anything on this.
O and sorry never heard any mention while I was there on the original post. But, I've woke up with a few from the Sin Bin.

Cpl K, now theres a memory. Still sweating now after being dicked to wait on his table at the screws christmas function in the Rowcroft Gym. After transferring to the Int Corps, found myself working with the Paras in Belfast. One of them was ex Cpl K's regiment and knew him well. Apparently he was just as much a psycho in his Bn and was quickly farmed out to get rid of him. As for the Pl Sgt topping himself. I heard a story a few years ago that it was the Pl Sgt of Tobruck (Initials RC) that topped himself after his wife died from cancer. Shame if its true, he was a top bloke.

On a seperate note, didn't we in Tobruck stuff Rhine 12 in the Colby Cup? Good to hear that there are still guys from our intake still serving soldier 1

paul2005

Old-Salt
Mmm such a long time ago, my memories are a bit fuzzy now, you must have cheated! But I do remember though your troop having your cap badges took off you for quite some time, in fact did you's ever pass out! lol.

Yea your right eye_spy I heard your Sgt did top himself, although later I also heard about ours doing the same thing after his misses left him.

Fair one Soldier 1, I can still picture your lot in the upstairs landing window, laughing at us and pointing at your own cap badges. We had them taken off us because we got too cocky and slack. Shame about the Sgts, Can't remember yours, but ours was a top bloke.

Cant believe this website, just been given this by an ex-reme squaddie who i work with now. I was in the bottom floor of tobruk 12. I remember hearing about the sgt topping himself. Does anyone remember the 2 blokes who went to jail for sleeping on gaurd, and JN and FN who went to jail for bullying the scottish lad, and trying to shove a broomstick up his arse after the passing out parade
contact me to relive me of this boring job i am in

VerminWA

War Hero
Fcuk, that's a shit load of gossip from just a couple of platoons, I was in Radfan 12 can't remember any of their names but I will always remember their faces, the only guy I remember the name of was the RS Sgt from the upstairs who ran Falkland 12. The only platoon (that I'm aware of) to mutiny, every man jack of them, at Rowcroft. All pretty much down to the affore mentioned bloke, boy did the shyte hit the fan when that happened. I think some questions were asked but I didn't see their lives getting any easier!

It was as if we were getting two difference types of training, the shouting and screaming all the time way and the you only get bawled at when you fcuk up method, we certainly seemed to have an easier time, which method is best you may ask, well we stood right of line!!

As for stupid made up words used by the DS, we were all "Drooges" what ever the hell that is!! They had made up another name when we passed out that they were going to call the next platoon but can't remeber it!

In fact the more I think about it the names are coming back slowly, if you were my DS sorry for forgetting!!

eye_spy said:
Right his surname was something you can do to hair

Cpl Hairdryer? Cpl Curlers? Cpl Quick Trim?

Typical E_S - half a job as usual... :D

VerminWA said:
As for stupid made up words used by the DS, we were all "Drooges" what ever the hell that is!! They had made up another name when we passed out that they were going to call the next platoon but can't remeber it!

In fact the more I think about it the names are coming back slowly, if you were my DS sorry for forgetting!!

Drooges are from A Clockwork Orange

Ozy. I remember you. Are you still on this means?

Do you? Pm me

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)