Anyone from 144 Parachute Medical Squadron(Cardiff) or 301 Troop, 131 Commando (Bath)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by cturner, Nov 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone, im new to this site and im very intrested in joining 144 Parachute Medical Squadron (Cardiff) or 301 Troop, 131 Independent Commando Squadron - Royal Engineers.

I left the Army in 2009 after doing 9 years in the RGBW/Rifles.

If anyone is part of 144 or 301 Troop or any Bristol unit apart from Rifles please could you give me some information on the unit, training etc.

Thank you all once again for taking time out to read this.

2. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

In Your Area - British Army Website

That'll show you all the nearby TA units - so have a look if there's any others you fancy.

If you pop into the careers office they'll be able to give you the generic TA spiel and set up an appointment to visit any of the units you're interested in so that you can get a better feel.

3. RMR Bristol in Clifton is what you want (if in Bristol) or the Cardiff Det in the Ty Llewellyn TA Centre if in Cardiff.

4. 301 Tp, 131 Indep Cdo Sqn RE (V) are in Sheldon, Birmingham. 302 Tp are in Bath which I guess is the location that would work better for you.

Turn up on a Tuesday night around 1930 and you will get a brief on the unit and how it works, too much to go through here. There is no hard sell, if you don't think it is for you then they will advise you on other local units.

You will need to do the Reserve Forces Commando Course if joining 131 as a Combat Engineer; if you are up for it then they will be happy to talk to you.

5. Hi there,I'm the Troop Commander at 302 Troop in Bath, we're recruiting at the moment so it'd be great to meet you if you want to stop by. We parade on Tuesday evenings at the TA centre on Upper Bristol Road (BA1 3AE) from 1930 to 2130, but the PSI is around most days. Best to phone up first though - 01225 427747.If you want any more info then please send me a PM. Regards,Chris Harvey

6. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1