Anyone for some maritime salvage

Anyone know what the maritime salvage laws are and anyone fancy a hulk that has been adrift for a while. Must be a few thousand just in scrap.

Anyone know what the maritime salvage laws are and anyone fancy a hulk that has been adrift for a while. Must be a few thousand just in scrap.

IIRC, you can attach it as abandoned on the high seas but are then liable fro cleaning up any oil spills etc IF you cannot 'cure' the problem.
Washed ashore is another deal altogether.

I am quite intrigued as to what cargo it is carrying, going from Greece to Haiti before it was abandoned.

There's a reason why no salvor went after her in 2018...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
A rather naive thought from me but I’m surprised that ships are just left to drift, rather than recovered or scuttled. I wonder how many others there are.

Navy could use it as target practice if it re-floats

I am quite intrigued as to what cargo it is carrying, going from Greece to Haiti before it was abandoned.
Elgin Marbles?

1581942478101.jpeg

The mummified remains of Demis Rousos Probably take up an entire cargo hold on its own.

50000 cases of Retsina, on the basis that the poor fücking Haitians have no idea how gopping that stuff really is.

There's a reason why no salvor went after her in 2018...
Maybe the same reason that it accidentally went adrift; probably full of asbestos insulation and contaminated heavy bunker oil that would have to be disposed of as chemical waste in most countries. Even the water in the bilges should be pumped into tanks for treatment and disposal. Maybe all the cables and copper and bronze fittings have mysteriously been lost as well.

Didn't one of the southern seaside towns get its own U Boat in the first unpleasantness.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads