Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bugsy, Aug 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found this while blundering clumsily around the internet and I thought it might be of interest.

I thought it was quite entertaining and informative, until I started ticking off the points that apply. Then I found my ringpiece twitching a bit! What do youse think?

2. If you replace 'hmtl' instead of 'html' you'll get the page. You didn't just come across that - you had it, that's why the link was typed.

I think most of them were quite obvious - you might as well compare it with the way the Tories run their party! :D

Not really something to get excited about, no effect here though, still quietly moist as usual :D
  3. Reads like a check-list of opinions on 'current affairs, news and analysis'........
  4. 8O *nods, or the NAAFI! :lol:

Beebs ;)
  5. Hopefully just a case of the ones who think like that being more vocal than those who don't - we've always been know for "enjoying a good moan". But the same attitudes do seem to be appearing in the "real" world more and more. Fear IS one hell of a motivator.

Could someone unlock Dale's "Nice Thread" before the rot goes too far? :p
  6. Already posted on another thread, but I believe it is also pertinent here:

The source? "The Soldier and the State" by Samuel Huntington (he of The Clash of Civilizations fame) Written not in 2003, but in the 1950s.
  7. The factors are not all bad. Are we allowed to pick and mix?
  8. Maybe we can invent our own definition of fascism, my old teacher used to say 'fascism is logic taken to an inhuman extreme......Any opinions?
  9. From the link,

Heil Bliar!
  10. If you look back at the history of Hitler and his rise to - ahem,.. fame - you will see that he wanted to model the Third Reich on the existing British Class system of the day, - the same system that HM Forces were/are based on... ooer!!
  11. Reminds me of P.J. O'Rourke's response to someone who accused him of being a Nazi:
    "Did you ever meet a woman who fantasized about being tied down and raped by a Liberal?"
  12. I can't say I've met many women who fantasize, at least openly, about being tied down and raped by a Nazi, and I doubt Mr O'Rourke has either.[​IMG]
  13. Not too sure about that. Did anyone see the pics from Robin Cook's funeral. It was like the scene of Vito Corleone's funeral in The Godfather, but with Gordon Brown taking the place of Al Pacino.