ANYONE FOR FASCISM?

I found this while blundering clumsily around the internet and I thought it might be of interest.

http://www.chetzar.com/fascism.hmtl

I thought it was quite entertaining and informative, until I started ticking off the points that apply. Then I found my ringpiece twitching a bit! What do youse think?

MsG

If you replace 'hmtl' instead of 'html' you'll get the page. You didn't just come across that - you had it, that's why the link was typed.

I think most of them were quite obvious - you might as well compare it with the way the Tories run their party! :D

Not really something to get excited about, no effect here though, still quietly moist as usual :D

blessed baby cakes said:
hansvonhealing said:
Reads like a check-list of opinions on 'current affairs, news and analysis'........
8O *nods, or the NAAFI! :lol:

Beebs ;)
Hopefully just a case of the ones who think like that being more vocal than those who don't - we've always been know for "enjoying a good moan". But the same attitudes do seem to be appearing in the "real" world more and more. Fear IS one hell of a motivator.

Could someone unlock Dale's "Nice Thread" before the rot goes too far? :p

Already posted on another thread, but I believe it is also pertinent here:

The military ethic and fascism are similar in some respects but they have one fundamental difference. What the military man accepts as the facts of existence to be wrestled with as effectively as possible, the fascist glorifies as the supreme values of existence. The military man sees struggle inherent in human relations; the fascist glorifies the struggle as the highest activity of man. The military ethic accepts the nation state as an independent unit; fascism hails the state or the party as the embodiment of moral virtue, the ultimate source of morality. While military thinking accepts war, fascist thinking romanticises war and violence. The military man recognizes the necessity and uses of power; the fascist worships power as an end in itself. The military ethic recognizes the necessity of leadership and discipline in human society; fascism emphasizes the supreme power and ability of the leader, and the absolute subordination to his will.

The fascist and the military views on human nature and history differ widely. In opposition to military emphasis upon the universality of human traits, the fascist believes in the natural superiority of a chosen people or race and the inherent genius and supreme virtue of the leader. Military thinking, on the other hand is skeptical of everybody. While the military man learns from history and the liberal relies on reason, the fascist stresses intuition. He has little need for ordered knowledge and practical, empirical realism. He celebrates the triumph of the Will over external obstacles. In this respect fascism is more individualistic than liberalism and more removed from the military ethic with its emphasis upon the limitations of human nature.

Unlike liberalism, fascism willingly supports the maintenance of strong military forces. While the liberal will fights for ideals and the military man for the security of the state, the fascist fights in order to fight. War is the end not the instrument of politics. In contrast to the more cautious, unbelligerent foreign policy of the military man, the fascist advocates a dynamic, aggressive, revolutionary policy with the avowed aims of conflict and the expansion of the power of the state to its ultimate limit. The fascist believes in the internal subordination of all other social institutions to the state or party.
The source? "The Soldier and the State" by Samuel Huntington (he of The Clash of Civilizations fame) Written not in 2003, but in the 1950s.

From the link,

13.. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption – Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions, and who use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability
Heil Bliar!

If you look back at the history of Hitler and his rise to - ahem,.. fame - you will see that he wanted to model the Third Reich on the existing British Class system of the day, - the same system that HM Forces were/are based on... ooer!!

Reminds me of P.J. O'Rourke's response to someone who accused him of being a Nazi:
"Did you ever meet a woman who fantasized about being tied down and raped by a Liberal?"

countdokku said:
Reminds me of P.J. O'Rourke's response to someone who accused him of being a Nazi:
"Did you ever meet a woman who fantasized about being tied down and raped by a Liberal?"
I can't say I've met many women who fantasize, at least openly, about being tied down and raped by a Nazi, and I doubt Mr O'Rourke has either.

Seadog said:
From the link,

13.. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption – Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions, and who use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability
Heil Bliar!
Not too sure about that. Did anyone see the pics from Robin Cook's funeral. It was like the scene of Vito Corleone's funeral in The Godfather, but with Gordon Brown taking the place of Al Pacino.