Anyone for Chess?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Death_Rowums, Aug 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright this might not be the right place to put this, but I was wondering if there were any in the Arrse community who like to partake in the odd game of chess.

It should be relatively simple to conduct a match or two via pm. If you don't know how to write chess moves with the intent of playing, the internet is a wonderful tool, I'm sure it will provide (it had better as I don't know myself yet).

Obviously a league would be a little extreme, but a match here and there might be fun and provide some intellectual stimulation. It's a bit nerdy I'll grant you, but you never know.

So if any Arrsers are interested, post here and we can get it sorted via pm.

Mod's, if this is in the wrong place, sorry.

2. I am interested! I use to hold the school championship for chess you know!! but never played online.

3. He’s almost 20yrs younger than you blue, the chances of you shagging him are almost nill :wink:

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Did they have tables round the back of the bike sheds ?

5. Hey behave yourselves... otherwise I wont be taken seriously and wont be able to play ! :(

6. Since when can chicks play chess, anyway? They always get the names of the pieces wrong. Horsey's, Prawns, etc. :D

7. Sounds like a good idea to me.

8. Well I can play and not too bad at it either but not sure how different it will be playing online. Gosh the last time I played the game lasted hours.

9. SCH stand down, he’s still a student :D

10. You’re still talking about chess right?

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Too much beer ?

12. www.letsplaychess.com

is a good site, you get an e-mail every time your opponent moves and you have up to 10 days to move.

13. I will play, but as Stabby said, they are all horseys and prawns to me.

The Queen always wins though. Well she does when I play and it's my Queen, or its death by Um Bongo to whoever I am playing.

14. Not for it myself, as I limit my occasional forays to playing against children who have yet to experience fool's mate. I then retire myself leaving them with an image of me that I don't merit.

Championship too much grief I accept, but a ladder may be more manageable. Newcomers join at the bottom and make their way up.

15. blue is that realy your arse