Anyone for ARRSE-URL ?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by who_cares...., Apr 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps

With the introduction of this newfangled internet thingy, there is a great deal of official info which is actually electronically available in the public domain (and thus discussable,quotable etc on ARRSE or anywhere else you may choose to use it) but, even with Google, it can be rather difficult to locate.

My proposal is that we have an ARRSE Electronic Library - or more accurately ARmy Rumour SErvice -Uniform Resource Locator
    ( ARRSE-URL ), which contains links to useful openly available official publications and reports which may be of interest to members, especially those who lack access to DII, AEL and the like.

I believe an easy way to run this would be as a sticky on a forum with the top post being routinely edited (by a mod of some sort) to provide a straightforward one page listing ( possibly sorted alphabetically within G1 - G9 categories like AEL) and with contributors simply posting any links they find as replies to that subject. I did look at using ARRSEPEDIA but the problem is that the info would become scattered and as difficult to find as it is at the moment.

What does everyone else think?

Note to mods: I've posted this on TA Forum as they are least likely to be able to routinely access stuff normally and therefore are likely to be the biggest interest group.

[Edited a cupple of speling mitsakes]
  2. A great idea - gets my vote.
  3. Good Idea WC
  4. Or failing that you could just logon to ArmyNet :?: :?: Click here!!
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hhhm, yes, but we don't want to be posting stuff up that makes it easy for slacking mejia fools to sit on their arrses.

Next thing you know, we'll be providing the quotes, the copy AND the tech-specs.
  6. There is a subtle distinction.

You may have noticed that ArmyNet material is "sort of" not for public consumption and therefore you shouldn't really quote or otherwise use it in a public forum (like what ARRSE is). ARRSE-URL would only point to generally available material on MOD and any other legitimate sites which might be appropriate. Some of the links may duplicate what ArmyNet already provides. Other material e.g. NAO report on Reserve Forces doesn't make its way onto ArmyNet but is stuff of which professionals, be they "full time" or "spare time", should be aware.

Think of it more as a reference library of openly available officially published material.
    The mainstream ARRSE forums are quite capable of providing journalists with easy pickings.
  7. msr

msr LE

Just pull up a wiki page and fill your boots.