Anyone fancy playing in a Charity football match in Scunthorpe on Sunday 15th May?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by postman_twit, Mar 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Brigg branch of the RBL will be playing in a Charity football match against a local over 35s team on Sunday 15th May. We are hoping to hold the match at Quibell Park.

We played the younger side from the same pub (The Beacon) last year and were soundly thrashed!!! I think our team name of Legion Lethargics just about summed up our performance. Many of us were playing for the first time in over 10 years and were a tad of the pace

The proceeds from the first game went towards purchasing a new Standard for our Branch. The funds from this game will be going towards H4H in the name of Cfn Anthony Lombardi who was Killed In Action in 2009. Anthony had close ties with The Beacon and the landlord is a dedicated supporter of Forces Charities.

It's fair to say the game will probably be fairly robust!!!

I'm looking for proper players as we have enough donkeys (ie me). Everyone will get at least a half.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this.

P-T

2. Friday night bump!

3. Even in my fit days I was never a footballer but I will come along and take the piss/support. If you text me or pm me the week before I'll also bring a bottle of spirits you can raffle if you want.

4. Good man. Best keep a beady eye on the bottle as the pub makes The Jockey look sophisticated!!!

5. Sunday morning bump.

6. I'll drive over from hull but I'm no good at football and I would want half a pepsi rather than a pint

7. Make sure your innoculations are up to date! Please bring a phrase book as well.

8. My inoculations are up to date, I'm a visitor to Hull

9. If you're only a visitor there's a good chance we will be able to understand you then! ; )

10. Fat chance I'm a jock with a speech inpediment

11. Back to phrase books and subtitles then! Hope to see you there. Kick off should be @ 1430 hrs but will confirm soonest.

12. You should be able to understand me I have a relatively neutral accent

13. Pardon????? ; )

14. An Easter bump.

15. Last appeal for players, spectators/hecklers more than welcome.